Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Richardson Chest Fly Boxes

From Clinton County, Pa.
I stopped in at FF about a week ago and Dennis told me that Richardson was still in business despite one of the partners leaving, but the backorders for boxes was extensive. I'm just glad to see that the lifetime warranty on my chestbox is still good. Ha!

Posted on: 2011/10/7 10:27

From Poconos, PA
These boxes look great!

How deep are them trays. Is their enough room for a sandwich in them trays?

Posted on: 2011/10/7 21:02

From Lehigh Valley
If you put a PBJ in one of the compartmented trays, and push real hard on the lid, it'll cut the sammich into bite size pieces.

If you spray the compartment with cooking spray, and put two slices of bread with some cheese in between in a compartmented tray, you can hold the box over a fire and make mini grilled cheese sammiches.

The possibilities are endless.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 7:07

From Ephrata, PA
Good Lord Heritage. My fear is that you aren't joking!

Posted on: 2011/10/8 9:29

From Poconos, PA
Wow, sounds like a great idea.
My fly box can now be my panini maker..
What a value this box is.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 13:17

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Good Lord Heritage. My fear is that you aren't joking!

Yeah, I was joking. Just some morning humor after the Phillies early demise, hangover kind of humor.

On second thought though, maybe George Foreman and Richardson could get together to create the George Foreman Chest fly box/hiking grill.

I'm still hungover.

Seriously - Richardson chest fly boxes are awesome. I've wanted one for a long time. Someday......

Posted on: 2011/10/8 18:54

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Great boxes. I have one of the Downstream Products. I like the fact that I can add or subtract how many boxes I want with the pull of a pin.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 18:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Me diving into the chest box was due to back soreness. My vest had way too much in it. So I did it as a total vest replacement. I should have made the jump much sooner.

The issues are the little stuff. My box holds all my flies, leader wallet, and a few thingamabobbers. It has a ring to hold my floatant on the outside. License holder is pinned on the strap. Leader straightener and nippers on a zinger attached to the strap. Forceps clip to a strap.

Tippet, phone, keys, shot, can of snuff, and camera were the remaining problems. Plus lunch for the all-day trips. I loop the camera around the wader strap and tuck it under the waders, seems to work ok, though I'm a little slow to get it into action. I use the chest pocket in my waders for everything else except the lunch. But if it interferes with the box or you have no pocket, you need a fanny or something. Be careful with a fanny at belt level, it's real easy to wade over it, so watertight is good. Because my wader pouch works fine with the box, I forgo the fanny most of the time. But it does kind of narrow my wader choices, as many don't have pouches, and many others are too high and would interfere with the box. I need it on my upper stomach, laying on my gut, lol.

I do use a fanny if it's an all day trip and I wanna take lunch/drinks. Most of my all day trips where I can't return to the car are on small water, so the wading too deep issue is minimized.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 19:26

From Oklahoma
After reading the comments on this forum and others, I ordered a Richardson Chest Fly Box from the website on Oct. 31. As the order progresses, I'll keep the forum apprised, so people will have an idea of the waiting time for these boxes. I suspect it will be about six months.

Posted on: 2011/11/6 19:14

Re: Downs Fly Boxes

From Harrisburg, PA
Went to Williamsport the other day looking for a Downs Chest Box at Hillies. They are out of business. Have had no success trying to reach anyone selling the Downs Fly Box. I already have one and need another. Anyone have a lead on a box that might be for sale for a reasonable price?

Posted on: 2011/11/9 6:37

From Lewistown
I don't know if Hille's will be out of business forever. they had a fire and a subsiquent liqidation sale. I know the business wasn't doing great, but the temporary residences (drillers) were starting to buy things from the shop.

Posted on: 2011/11/9 10:37

From Oklahoma
There is an 800 order number at:

www.chestflybox.net/pricelist.html

(800) 893-8180

There is also an extensive Pennsylvania dealer list accessed from the menu on the left.

Posted on: 2011/11/10 17:38

I have a 4 tray Richardson fly box collecting dust on a shelf. Would consider a trade for a 3 or 4 weight rod. PM me if interested.

Posted on: 2011/11/23 22:10

From Harrisburg, PA
Still looking for a Downs Chest Box. Will consider buying a used but functional box. Anybody got a lead on such an animal?

Posted on: 2011/11/30 6:52

From Cato, NY
Quote:

outsider wrote:
I have a 4 tray Richardson fly box collecting dust on a shelf. Would consider a trade for a 3 or 4 weight rod. PM me if interested.

PM sent

Posted on: 2011/11/30 10:39

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com