Redington Vapen

jifigz

jifigz

I'm lusting over a new rod and I'm thinking about adding one of these in an 8 weight version in a few months as my main bassin' rod. Does anyone have any insight on them? Are the red and the black vapen the same exact rod except for color? It seems weird that the Redington website has the red and the black separated without just giving color options under the same rod listing. Anyways, I really like my Redington Classic Trout so I thought maybe I'd try another one of their rods and at $350, this is absolute max budget for me. Anyone have opinions of this rod?

I don't think there is any difference across the line, other than color (or grip material if they still make the cork) and I have heard all good things from the few owners I have talked to. having said that, I just saw an Xi3 on clearance for that same $$.
Thanks for reminding me to break out some old Wilco.

No problem. They just put a new album out and you can download it for free from their website. I kind of felt guilty about it, but then I figured that I've purchased every other one of their albums so I can take one for free. Not sure what rod you are referencing, I'll have to check it out.

Sage xi3. The Salt series rods replaced them.

I have a 7wt with the cork grip. I really like it thus far. I first fished as a big river trout rod, casting heavy sink tips and fishing streamers. I've since moved to Florida, now it's my light salt set up. Baby tarpon, peacocks, snook etc. Been looking for a 9wt when chasing bigger fish.

Back