Redington CD Series Fly Reel

Bruno

Bruno

Saw on of these on Sierra trading post today. I am looking for a reel for my 9wt. Anyone use one of these ?

Back when Orvis owned Redington they sold a reel named the RS2 which was similar. I believe that when Redington was sold to Sage the reel became the Orvis Mid Arbor. Looks like Redington brought the reel back in a slightly different form. I use an RS2 on my 9wt and have been happy with the performance. The reel should carry a lifetime guarantee.

I have a Redington CD reel in a 3/4 weight paired with my TFO rod it's ok, decent drag, mid arbor. It's a little heavy for my rod, maybe just a tad heavy, but it looks good and works good. I paid about $85 back when a few place were still selling at $120

I'm not all that into the "bling" look on my fishing gear, but the reel actually has a simple mechanical look to it, like a shiny new part on a red fire engine. Just something about the reel makes me think about a fire truck.

I haven't had any problems with mine but then again I have a 3/4 and am not fishing stealhead.

Even so, it is good low midrange reel.

I also bought an Okuma Integrity reel in a heavy weight and I like the drag on it a little better. I think I paid around $70. The drag feels a notch smoother. I might have paid more but I'm not sure.

Back