Quarrow?

robbie514

robbie514

I found this rod and reel combo on dicks sporting goods. It is exactly called Quarrow Elite Trout Fly Combo and I want your opinion of Quarrow and maybe even this exact outfit. Is it good for a beginner or am I better off purchasing something different?

I was given a 6 weight, 3 piece Quarrow as a gift by a sporting goods salesman several years ago. He said the company makes blanks for some other brands. I liked the rod, but eventually lost it at Penns Creek, probably leaving it against a tree near the vehicle.

Jack is right. Quarrow made a lot of blanks for others many years ago. I had quite a few of the Drake 9ft 5wt combos that I eventually gave away. They performed just as well as many mid price rods.

JackM wrote:
I was given a 6 weight, 3 piece Quarrow as a gift by a sporting goods salesman several years ago. He said the company makes blanks for some other brands. I liked the rod, but eventually lost it at Penns Creek, probably leaving it against a tree near an empty bottle of bourbon.

I did cast a Quarrow 6 weight a ways back while rod shopping. It was very nice for the price but a bit too mid-flex for what I wanted.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will get the Quarrow rod.

Back