HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Problem with my new rod photos

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Quote:

Pauly wrote:
Now I paid more than what the rod is worth. That is my fault. Lesson learned.

Maybe, but only marginally so. If the initial rod would have cost $153 instead of $140, would you still have purchased it? If the answer is yes, then you haven't really paid more than the rod is worth, to you anyway. Realistically, I'd be surprised if $13 would make a difference if that's the rod you tried and wanted. Unless you were looking to sell it or turn a profit on it while brand new, once you've used it, its value is now less than retail anyway...kinda like a car. Most of a fly rod's "value" is simply its use and enjoyment to the angler who owns it IMO. Sure some rods become collector items, etc, but a $150 rod that you intend to fish with...probably not.

Overall it sounds like a pretty good customer service experience to me. Bummer you got a defective rod (and had to pay to ship it per the warranty), but Orvis took care of you NQA and did so promptly IMO. New rod in hand in less than a week during prime Spring fishing season. I'd be happy with my purchase. Beyond a fly box that was a gift, I don't think I own any Orvis products, but I'd be satisfied with the way they handled this.

I had a Sony TV blow an LCD panel at 15 months of use...warranty was 12 months. Sony gave me the new (and better) model for only the difference in price ($200 or so). I wasn't happy that one of their TV's crapped out at only 15 months, but in the end I'm now even more confident in their products because if they do make a mistake...they'll own up to it and make it right.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 10:53

From Perkasie, PA
Swattiie87,
All good points, Yes I did not pay the exact same price as this years model. I'm not getting into semantics over it. I guess I have to admit I was excited to have the upgrade. So I'm a bit let down. I called Orvis to confirm that's what I was told they confirmed that's what was supposed to happen. oh well.

I didn't mention this before but I have to replace my fly line because it has the epoxy on it.

Its all part of life's lessons in not putting such stock in material things.

I have my rod back it works and no animals were harmed while making this movie!

Posted on: 2012/4/20 11:54

From Lansdale
When I suggested contacting Mainstream Outfiters,I did not mean for the store to handle anything FOR you.
I work with warranty issues all day and i appreciate knowing what our customers ( the end users) are experiencing. It was only meant to inform the shop.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 12:05

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
I worked at MSO and they are very good at taking care of customers. Should have taken it to them, As long as orvis has the same rod yet it will replace it first then upgrade when that rod is no longer in warehouse..

Posted on: 2012/4/21 5:30

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Perkasie, PA
Quote:

sandfly wrote:
I worked at MSO and they are very good at taking care of customers. Should have taken it to them, As long as orvis has the same rod yet it will replace it first then upgrade when that rod is no longer in warehouse..

Yep.. I was to impatient. I'm heading there today as a matter of fact.

By the way my replacement rod id great. I'm happy again!

Posted on: 2012/4/21 11:04

From NC PA Mountains
So what did they say was wrong with it?

Posted on: 2012/4/28 10:33

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com