Portable stove for coffee - recommendations?

Acristickid

Acristickid

Looking for a lil portable stove for coffee.

Probably used at the car most of time for skiing ,hunting, fishing breaks and less over night backpacking trips.

Mainly interested in a system for making a couple cups of coffee.

Jetboil the best?

What are the processes? Press, pourover, perk?

Are there extra parts need beside the stove?

Not looking to break the bank but if there is a simple system out here I'd pay $30 bucks more for ease of use.

Not so much concerned with size or weight. Thanks

Yeah, a little pocket iso-butane stove (Jetboil/MSR/etc) would probably be the most efficient and convenient if you're just looking for coffee.

They're more or less specifically designed to boil water as fast as possible, and although capable in theory, they don't do other cooking tasks very well. Even on low, too much heat concentrated in one spot from their jet style burners. But for just boiling water you probably don't want or need to lug around a Coleman 2 burner.

When packing my stove (MSR) around I just take instant coffee packets (Starbucks usually) for the convenience.

Jetboils typically come with the vessel to heat the water in. I went with the MSR as the MSR and a Stanley stainless cooking pot (which doubles as my coffee mug) was less than the cost of a Jetboil system. The Jetboil boils faster than my setup, but by less than a minute for 16 oz of water. In either case, you'll need to buy the fuel pods separately. I recommend getting the larger size fuel pods...better value and they make a more stable base to the stove system. I only ever get the little ones when backpacking to save weight.

I carry a thermos of hot coffee. When I use to camp I used a single burner screwed into a small propane bottle. Used an old army canteen cup with instant coffee. Nothing fancy.

Like Swattie, I use an MSR. But for coffee, I use an Aeropress. Its cheap and makes great coffee. There are limits to roughing it.

I use an MSR with French press for coffee,but make tea in a Sierra cup at 3:00.

A folding sterno stove has served me just fine too.

I use one of these for car camping and a Snowpeak stove for backpacking.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Sportster-Dual-1-Burner-Stove/dp/B00CHHSSWQ

Check out the Coleman Peak 1.

MSR stove and French Press.

I know a couple of my guide buddies who do the same for clients on their boats.

Thank you for the suggestions, always appreciated.

Gonna go with the jetboil.

Have had a msr pock rocket and and msr wisperlite international in my backpacking days- very light and versatile but slighty more fussy and messy.

The Jetboil seemed the easiest to use, the pot/cup connects directly to the heat source and the that is connected to the fuel and the fuel has a stand connected to it. Seemed stable. The pot/cup is insulated so you can manipulate it without getting burned even when very hot.

Ordered the Jetboil Flash Java kit. Think it was $109 - included all of the above. I know it's not the cheapest but for a few extra bucks it seemed the fastest and easiest to use. We'll see. I looked at some videos on youtube and seemed simple.

Looking forward to hot coffee for pheasant hunting and steelhead breaks.

Back