Pontoon Ready to go!

salmo-trutta

salmo-trutta

Well, it arrived in a big beat up box from UPS last week and last night I put it together in my basement. Its the Outcast Fish Cat 10-IR which means it is 10 ft long and you can stand up in it. I am calling her the SS Steve Snyder. I told my wife every time she comes down the basement she has to say to me, "Permission to come aboard sir," but she refuses to say that?

I live in Harrisburg, PA. Thinking of the streams I want to take the pontoon on...

Upper Delaware
Penn's
Pine

I'm open to suggestions. Also interested in any info you other pontoon guys have on places to go, shuttle services and anyone looking for a pontoon fishing buddy.

Steve
stevenrsnyderesq@gmail.com

Attachments

• New Pontoon.jpg
    New Pontoon.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 8
Sweet toy Steven.

Does it have a fish finder on it? Will you need to take it apart to get it out of the basement? I'm sure the Mrs. will get one too...

Later

You're welcome to join me on the Delaware, Susky or other local waters. I'm out for Pine and Penns.

Head south down I 81 to the Shenandoah...only about a two hour run

Welcome to join me on the Lehigh.

Shy haven't I gotten the same invite?

Is Shy me? Lol you know you are welcome already. I don't want to invite you and think I am trying to use you for your drifter.

Pontoon on Lehigh and Yough.....no hard boat until I get more hours on them so it can't be misconstrued. I'd like to give it another shot over there when bugs are hatching.

Yeah, I know of somebody that just had his Hyde flipped by a buddy while floating on the Lehigh. He is a member on here, but I don't want to blow him up. However, if anybody finds a few H2's with Mirage reels, gopro, oar, or any other fishy equipment let me know. I am sure he would like to get the stuff back.

I'll have to look into that. Do you know where to put in abd take out? Do you have a pontoon also?

Another 2 streams would be the Schuylkill river, and the swatara. If you come down to fish the Shenondoah let me know. I have a ramp within 5 minutes of the house. And I am about twenty from the VA ramp on route 7. I am not far from the Potomac but I know some off the beaten path water in-between also. There is also the Rappahannock if your up for more of a road trip.

Then you have both branches of the Potomac in WV.

I usually find a bunch of equipment while wade fishing/hiking the Lehigh when it is low in the summer. Pm me where he had issues at and the next time I am around Ill keep an eye out for them.

salmo-trutta wrote:
I'll have to look into that. Do you know where to put in abd take out? Do you have a pontoon also?

Yes, there are many places to put in and take out. I have 3 pontoons in my garage.

I would definitely suggest floating Penns when the Green Drakes are in full swing!

Juniata below Newport for smallies. I'll meet you in my kayak. I'd love to try it.

Back