Orvis warehouse sale in K of P

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
FYI,

For all you guys that wear tweed, or would like to; Orvis is having a warehouse sale Nov 21st - 23rd at the Valley Forge Convention Center. See link:

Orvis Whse Sale

Be careful about buying tweed clothing from a warehouse sale. I got my tweed sportcoat online, paid full retail price and I still think it was a defective return as it had patches on BOTH elbows-- what a ripoff!

Did they look like the sleeves on this jacket? If so, they belong there, that's how it was made.

JackM wrote:
Be careful about buying tweed clothing from a warehouse sale. I got my tweed sportcoat online, paid full retail price and I still think it was a defective return as it had patches on BOTH elbows-- what a ripoff!

Damn! Me too Jack. The patches I had were some kind of disgusting looking brown something or other. I sent it back and they sent me the same thing! Ended up cutting the darn things out and at least patched them with something close to the right color. Idiots!

Hey tom, where's pad with his bunny photo when you need it.

Curious to know if anyone went today and if so how was it? Did they have a good selection of leaders, tippet, rods, reels, etc? I'm gonna head over tomorrow, hopefully I can find a good deal on an 8wt.

I was there tonight after work.

Here's the bottom line up front - Most of the major items are what you see in the sale outlet on the orvis site.

Here's what I noticed walking around.

Most items are 50% off and nothing I saw was less then 40% off.

They have a good selection of Zero G rods at 50% off but that's the same online or at their stores.

I did see a fair amount of rod blanks in various sizes. Plenty of rod tubes. There are also a number of 3 to 10 WT rods but I didn't really look too much at those. I was looking to see if they has any 1 & 2 wt rods and there were none. Two or three spey rods in 9, 10 wt.

Also a decent selection of light and UL spinning/spincasting combos.

The Sporting Gentlemen is there and has a few Orvis and non-Orvis (Cabelas, TFO, Sage,..) rods for sale. I'm guessing trade-in rods but some looked new.

A small selection of reels from 8/9wt down to about 4/5 wt stuff. I almost bought something I didn't need at that table.

Minimal fly tying supplies.

There was a moderate amount of vests, waders, a few wading jackets in sizes s, m, xxl and larger. Very few if any in L or XL. Again look at the sale outlet online to get a good idea of what they're selling

They are some limited upland game jackets s, m, XL and larger.

Plenty of casual clothing for men and women, novelty items, dog/pet items, luggage, and other items that didn't interest me.

Then there are the buckets of junk. Multi-tools, hemos, fly boxes, reel cases, miscellaneous fly lines in many sizes, a ton of Orvis SS Bonefish leaders (10 for $1) and other small items. Oh yea, there were some wheatly fly boxes up front where the reels are being sold.

I left with nothing to show for my time but I just had to see what was there.

It's a little cold to be fishing so if you're not too far away you might want to wonder over. Just don't expect too much that you won't see online.

I got up this morning and headed over. Gzacckey gave an accurate description of what they have. I ended up picking up a 9' 8wt T3 w/Tube for $299 and a Battenkill Large Arbor 7-9wt for $115.

Back