Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Orvis is offering H-2 on closeout, buyer beware.

From Ambler, Pa
I think you have to eat some crow here and admit you bough a refurbished rod at an outlet store which you haven't done. Can't put a company on full blast without being objective about it. If I were buying the same rod I would be asking the necessary questions before purchasing which it sounds like you didn't do. I like Orvis rods but also have rods from other companies. I don't have any skin in the game to defend them over any other company but bottom line is you can't blast a company on a forum without stating all the facts.

Posted on: 2017/11/16 7:42

From Burke VA
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

MarkC wrote:
Just so I understand it: Orvis is blowing out H-2 rods all over the internet but if you by one at an Orvis store it has no guarantee.

I was truly shocked by the attitude Orvis had.

Mark C

Here is a list of Orvis outlet stores. They generally sell refurb rods at a deep discount, but without a warranty.

Rods sold at regular retail stores or on-line are at full price and have a warranty.

I assume if you were to pick up an H2 on sale from a retailer like backcountry it is still carries the warranty right?

Posted on: 2017/11/16 21:10

From Chester County
Quote:

ryansheehan wrote:
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

MarkC wrote:
Just so I understand it: Orvis is blowing out H-2 rods all over the internet but if you by one at an Orvis store it has no guarantee.

I was truly shocked by the attitude Orvis had.

Mark C

Here is a list of Orvis outlet stores. They generally sell refurb rods at a deep discount, but without a warranty.

Rods sold at regular retail stores or on-line are at full price and have a warranty.

I assume if you were to pick up an H2 on sale from a retailer like backcountry it is still carries the warranty right?

Yes. Only Refurb rods are not warranted.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 6:42

IMO the op should be applauding Orvis for its customer service, not bashing them.

If Orvis has a policy in place regarding refurbished rods, they should stick to it. They went against their own policy to appease a customer who complained and threatened them. Doing that is not fair to other Orvis customers who could possibly be in the same situation, but accept and understand that Orvis does not warranty refurbished product's.

The op threatened Orvis with "making the matter very public" if they didnt do what he wanted. Yet he still posted the situation on the www after they gave him his money back, seems very unethical and vindictive.

Good luck, Tony

Posted on: 2017/11/17 7:29

I'm not sure about orvis, but typically refurbed rods or 2nds or demos have something burned into the cork to identify it as such. That way the rod is marked so it cannot be returned.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Spend what you are comfortable spending, all rods will catch fish.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 15:48

From York, PA
Sorry for your luck, but thanks for letting me know there was an Orvis store in Lancaster!

Posted on: 12/11 15:22

From Flourtown, PA
I don't know how to tell you this, but if you break that Loomis and think that you're going to get better service than Orvis, you're very sorely mistaken. I used to use Loomis damn near exclusively, but once Shimano took them over and stopped following Gary's guidance, things started going downhill. The NRX is a fine rod, but if you break it, don't expect them to get you a new one any time soon, unless of course you use their "expedited" service, which I've heard is considerably more expensive than the $50 it used to be. Because of how Simms and Loomis have declined with their customer service, I now buy Patagonia and Orvis, both of whom still take it very seriously. Incidentally, I have two H2s, both of which have been fished half-to-death over the past two seasons, and have had no issues, even when landing large fish close to the boat.

Posted on: 12/19 11:41

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com