Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Orvis Silver Sonic Waders

From State College
I own the silver sonics, I love them except the gravel guards are utterly useless for me. They ride up to the top of my boots in a matter of minutes. Any advice to stop this?

Posted on: 8/1 0:02

Re: Orvis Silver Sonic Waders

mario: Don't they have the metal hook to attach to your boot lace? I've had several pair of Orvis waders, and they all had the lace hook.

Posted on: 8/1 0:59

From Lehigh Valley
Hi Brian - I've got a pair of Silver Sonics, but I haven't even taken them out of the box yet.

Fox has 'em too, and he put a split ring (like a key ring) on his boot laces, then hooks the hook on the gravel guard to that. Seems to work well for him.

I'd look for a brass split ring though, so it doesn't rust.

Posted on: 8/1 7:38

From Bucks County, PA
I have the Silver Sonics and love them but Ive never had a problem with the gravel guards.

Posted on: 8/1 7:43

From Philadelphia
The only issue I had with the SS gravel guards was that the stitching around the elastic came out on one side. Orvis repalced them without questions. I've never had them ride up and yes, they do have a clip or at least they should.

Posted on: 8/1 8:01

From State College
Thanks guys, I do use the clip and I attach it on the bottom most lace. Perhaps the boots just disagree with the waders?

Posted on: 8/1 13:05

From State College
I told orvis about the problem and they think it has to do something with my anatomy, but they're giving me cheap upgrade to the top end guide waders, so I'm happy.

Posted on: Yesterday 17:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com