Orvis BBS reels half off

klingy

klingy

If you're in the market for a new reel, you might want to check out orvis this weekend. Their Battenkill Bar Stock reels are half off. Looks like they have models II-V still available.

Link

I'm not seeing the bbs reels on sale.

Did you click on the link?

Yes and it showed the bbs reels so I clicked on that and it said no items to be shown. I finally called Orvis and asked them if they're all sold out. They said only in the size I and titanium size II. They still got black in size II. I ordered a size III in titanium. It's best to call to see what's available. This reel will match up to my old Orvis F&F 5wt.
Glad I didn't buy one a few weeks ago,lol.
Thanks klingy. ;-)

Thanks for the heads up.
does color matter on these? Does the black scratch off easy?

Thanks

The I version was gone but I picked up a black II to go with an echo carbon 2 wt brook trout rig I'm building

Yo king caddis. We met at the Emmaus event... You did some casting with my 1w tfo..That echo 2 is just a great small trout fly rod, I even keep a spare... Overlines for short casts with a 3w line very well. Lemme know if you want to fish that one PA stream you hiked down and then back up some time. Could start from bottom

You recommended the echo carbon that's why I got it....I also took your advise on the 3wt line I have a rio gold wf3 coming sometime this week...the small stream book you gave me really has me wanting to crawl through some rhododendron. I'm in for the fishing trip when we get a warm weekend

PM sent, glad book is helpful.

Just got mine in the mail today. What a sweet little reel. Only surprise was made in China on box. I thought they were made in England. But it's still a great reel.

They haven't made the BBS reels in England for 5+yrs

Depending on the specific factory/equipment, some of those Chinese and Korean reels are first rate. Although I treasure my vintage English handmades, I can't help thinking about the handmade Jaguars vs. the vast improvement in reliability once Ford upgraded their equipment and manufacturing processes.

tl
les

Back