New reel?

PaulG

PaulG

I am going to get a new reel this year for my 3Wt. I've been thinking about a Tioga made by Teton. Any opinions, good or bad?

Going to fill it with a Rio line also new for me!

Paul G

Paul,

I went with the Tioga reel on my 3wt just a few months ago. I've only used it once and really liked it though. As for line I went with Airflo's Ridgeline. I liked it so far too.
Jason

Paul,

I've been using a Tioga on my 3wt for years. No complaints at all, but then I am not landing steelhead with it either.

The only thing I would say is to compare the price to the battenkill. I think it's a couple bucks more expensive than the Orvis reel.

I got mine at Clouser's shop, and if you decide on that reel I would go there. Bob's always helped me with everything I have bought there.

The Teton Tioga is an awesome reel. I have owned a 3 weight for about 8 years now and it is as good today as it was the day I bought it. This reel is so nice that I find myself using it sometimes when I should really switch to a heavier setup but I love it so much. Plus, the teton has a drag that is completely sealed. A good buy in my opinion.

Pad

I didn't realize you owned a Tioga reel, you have so many I can't keep up :-D

The reel I have now is a Battenkill, I've been having a problem with it for the last couple of years. I sent it back last year to get it fixed and they didn't get the job done and they charged me $10:00 plus S&H, so Iam just tried of dealing with it.

I've been checking out those Tiogo's at the Feathered hook Flyshop last year and they look good.

Thanks for the replys!

Paul G.

I have a Ross Evolution for my 4wt and i love it. No maintence required and its incredibly lightweight.

I order my new Tioga and Rio line from Jonas at the Feathered hook. Will be a nice Christmas gift even though it's won't be a surprise!

Oh, it will be a surprise...I told him to send you the one that is purple...(damn...there goes the surprise) :lol:

I hope you enjoy it Paul. When is it coming? We can go out and use it if it hits 50 during X-mas week.

Back