New Zealand Strike Indicator

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

This strike indicator company popped up on my Face Book page today. It looks interesting and I thought I'd share it.

http://www.strikeindicator.com/

Attachments

• strikeindicatortoolnew-1.jpg
    strikeindicatortoolnew-1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 13
[d]Darning[/d] Sprial eye needle with some rubber tube.

You don't need to pay $16+S&H for this. Your total outlay for a pack of 5 is probably closer to 99 cents.

Have been using for about 6 months and like it

Same here. I got a TFO kit from cabelas over the summer. $16 but I would say it could make about 50 or more indicators. Plenty of white and orange wool in the kit but tubing will be the first thing I need. Float well and cast nicer than foam indicators. I've only used them for small stuff though.

A bobber by any other name is still a _____. I'd like one with a spring loaded hook setter. GG

gfen is right. a small oxegen tube from air line will work.

yep get a large sewing needle and dremel a slot through the eye and get some small tubing and you're good to go.

So I need to get a dremel?

TimRobinson hooked me up with this setup - I have yet to use it though. Just can't seem to break free of my beloved Thingamabobbers! :-D

I bought this style indicator as well but haven't used it yet. It does seem slick though.

When I first saw this last year I made my own version. I works great with either the wool, foam strips or poly yarn. The tubes I use are cut from the ink tube from a ball point pen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3
DD,
Do you need to slip the end of the leader through that loop? I don't see a slot to fit the leader through.

Keith the system I made is just a way of storing the tubes and one piece of yarn. It is really easy to use.

1. Slide tube off holder.

2.Thread tube onto doubled over leader.

3.Insert indicator material into loop.

4.Snug tube against indicator material.

5.Pull both ends of leader material.

DONE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, DD. You got ALL KINDS of ideas, huh ?

Thanks, DD. You got ALL KINDS of ideas, huh ? Posted on: Today 5:45

Lol.... It's a curse cuz my brain never stops thinking.

It appears as though that would leave a kink in the leader. Does it, DD? I've made my own using foam, wool, and 3/16 inch O-rings.

It appears as though that would leave a kink in the leader. Does it, DD?

Not really, not any more than a Thingambobber. After you insert the wool you pull tight which pretty much straightens the leader. The indicator is held in place by compression.

yea thanks dd I am going to try this indicator this year,looks like a graet idea

Bringing this thread back up rather than start a new one... question, for those of you that use this system. What do you do when you remove the indicator? This seems like the only drawback that I can find. Is there an easy way to remove it and save it for later or do you just discard the wool?

check the instructional video on their website. Been using for about a year and it works very well when a quiet presentation is critical

Back