New Tippet

troutpoop

troutpoop

I think it was two years ago when the Rio Powerflex Plus came out. I immediately bought it. I had been using Suppleflex with good luck. I've been having good luck with the PowerFlex Plus but now see that Trouthunter has a new Evo Nylon. Anyone have experience with it yet?
Always looking for a strong tippet. I mostly throw dries so I'm hoping for a tippet that will have good presentation and will equal the quality of the Trouthunter Flouro that gets great reviews.

You throw flouro with dries? Does the sink rate not bother you? I know it's not much but when the tippet breaks the water tension and sinks my flies it drives me nuts. I use mono on top and flouro for anything under. I usually just use whatever is around, which most of the time is Orvis. I know some folks are very picky but I've never noticed a difference unless it's gone bad.

Not Flouro Plus, Powerflex Plus. Its a nylon. No issue with floating.

I was making a reference to how the Trouthunter Flouro and how it gets great reviews. Hoping the new Nylon they have will be great too. Currently use the Powerflex plus. Hope this clears it up. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Got it now.

I am not a fan of the trout hunter tippet. I thought it was very weak compared to the Frogs Hair I typically use.

I've heard a few good things about Cortland's new fluoro.

I use Orvis Mirage. For everything. It does not effect my dry fly fishing at all.

I have been using the 6x Cortland Ultra Premium for a few months now and it has performed flawless.

Troutpoop I also mainly use Rio tippet materials. Anymore its just Powerflex Plus and Flouroflex Plus. Out of those two I use the Flouroflex the most unless the sink rate/ situation dictates otherwise. I know a lot of guys swear by Trouthunter, like fly_finger I think it breaks easier and I have never been overly impressed with it(except the spools it comes on). I've never tried the Evo, but I would think it is very similar in use as Powerflex Plus.

Back