Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New Orvis store coming to Lancaster

From Lancaster, PA
Orvis Store has arrived. Grand-opening was this weekend. Have a small fly fishing section with some refurbished rods at great prices, unfortunately no warranty with them. Also have some good new reels & some refurbished reels. Had some waders and scant tying supplies. Some decent fishing clothing. Otherwise just a typical Orvis store. Some good deals, so I think worthwhile checking out in the Rockvale Outlets.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 23:32

From York, PA
Quote:

Sasquatch wrote:
The Evening Rise on the other hand....

I'm sad to hear that! I used to love that shop.

They had the best hooks, and the best tungsten beads (very cheap price) and the women part owner was such a wonderful person!

I've told this story before: when I purchased a 1wt Superfine (a $575 rod) the Evening Rise didn't even have anything below a 3wt. I didn't hurt their feelings, so I purchased online (I got a free LA reel with the deal)

When I broke my Superfine (for the third time) I sent it to Orvis and upgraded to a Helios...... for a song!!

Two weeks later, Orvis sent my Superfine back with two new sections and charged me only $30! I sold that rod to another forum friend of mine who lives overseas and he gave me more than I paid to Orvis for the Helios upgrade! LOL

Any fly shop will only sell you what they have in stock, and I can tie flies much better than they can (I don't mean to brag, but it's true)

Every rod, and every tying thing is available "online" for a cheaper price! I'll only shop online for the rest of my life!

Posted on: 2012/9/4 1:31

From Ephrata, PA
I was never in there when the woman was working! Honestly, I went in twice. The first time was when it was at the old location. I didn't know much about FFing at the time. The experience wasn't enjoyable. I chalked it up to my own ignorance. A few years later after they moved to the Fruitville Pike, I went in again one time after an early morning training session at work. The two dudes who were working in there at the time definitely gave off an elitist attitude. That was enough for me, I guess.

Posted on: 2012/9/4 12:35

From E-Town and Germania
When the shop was in Paradise, I stopped in to look at rods for smallie fishing on the river. Nick gave me his personal Loomis rod and reel to try. He let me use it for a week no questions asked. Bev always treated me well too. Heck, I was going to that shop when it was on Rt. 340 out past Intercourse.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 14:55

From Hollidaysburg (originally Lititz)
The Evening Rise was a good shop. It is a shame that we are losing these smaller fly shops. I go to these shops to get $30 worth of advise and $12 worth of fly fishing supplies for a price of $20. Yes you pay slightly more but it is so nice to be able to go somewhere and spend an hour just BSing about fly fishing. I have limited financial resources but some things are worth investing a little more.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 22:55

From Codorus, PA
My wife, kids and I hit up the Lancaster Orvis Outlet today. The majority of the store is comprised of men's and women's clothing, accessories and footwear. There is a small fly fishing section with apparel, waders, two dozen rods, a case of reels, a baker's dozen fly patterns and other FF accessories (boxes, tippet,leader,line). There is also medium size pet section (a little bigger due to all of the dog beds). The prices are discounted steeply from retail (makes you scratch your head about the mark-up ~ IE: $250 chukka boots for $99). Service was friendly and low pressure. We will go back the next time with are in the Red Rose

OFF TOPIC: I caught a fat Rainbow in the Codorus TT section yesterday... *scratching my head* (Usually a Wild Brownie stream)

Posted while imbibing in a 2008 Schlafly Reserve Imperial Stout...delicious

Posted on: 2012/9/15 21:24

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com