Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Need input on Allen XA 4 wt 10' Rod

From Portage, PA
Looking to purchase this rod. I want to use it for a little better drifts, and want more contact with my flies while czech nymphing. I want to order from Allen, but this is the only model they have in the size and weight I am looking for.

Does anyone have experience with this size/weight XA or the XA in general. I will be adding a Risen Ithcus reel to this as well, in Gun metal/ Silver. I think the outfit will look nice but that is not what I am going for on this. I know the risen will perform but I know nothing about the XA.

Thanks in advance for input.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 12:59

Re: Need input on Allen XA 4 wt 10' Rod

From Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
I have a seven foot 3 wt Xa and I like it a lot. I made it from a blank last spring and I use it for small streams. I nymph fish probably 90% of the time. The people at Allen were very helpful. I would give them a call and let them know how you plan to use the rod.

Don

Posted on: 2013/2/25 20:34

Re: Need input on Allen XA 4 wt 10' Rod

From Portage, PA
Have emails out to Evan and Justing now, they are at a fly show. I wont be able to order until next week. Thanks for the input.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 8:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com