Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Need help with a bass rod.

From Cambria County
I'm in the market for a bass rod to play with this summer. Not looking to spend a ton of cash but want a decent quality rod. Looking for an 8wt for throwing big bugs, plus an occasional steelhead trip. There are tons of decent rods in under 175 at cabelas. I've always like Redington and was also looking at an Echo Ion.
Then I came across a custom Fenwick HMG 8wt a guy is selling. There seems to be a pretty big following of the old Fenwicks but I don't know much about them. He built it 10-12 years ago I believe and it's been in a case in his closet since. Looks like a sweet rod. He wants $140 for it. Seems like a good deal but I couldn't find a whole lot of comparable rods for the price. Any suggestions?

Posted on: 12/26 16:20

Re: Need help with a bass rod.

From Dauphin PA
Buy a Redington Pursuit in 7 weight and another in 8 weight. It would be cheaper than that Fenwick. I hear the Ion is tough as nails but much, much heavier than other manufacturers makingthe same make / model.

Posted on: 12/26 17:00

Re: Need help with a bass rod.

From SW PA
Way back in the last century, I used to work for a shop that sold Fenwicks. The HMGs were pretty nice rods. I still have one here that I keep forgetting to return to my brother. LOL

Posted on: 12/26 19:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com