Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Need help on a new rod.

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Mine is a 4 as well. I dunno, I toss articulated streamers with it. Not gracefully, but it gets the job done.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 20:46

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Garnet Valley, PA
Thanks, you are a better caster than I am...

Posted on: 2013/1/25 20:53

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I would not call what I do with them things casting.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 20:54

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Philadelphia PA
Do not throw away the broken one yet! (No warrenty)
My daughter broke the tip off my Renegade and I was able to fix it. I got one of those rod repair kits and now I have an 8'2" 5/6wt fly rod that I use as my secondary on small creeks.
To remove the old Eye tip, heat it up and pull the rod tip point out. If it does not fit the other end you can purchase another eye that may fit better. Cut a small piece of shrink tube 1/2 inch or so, and place it on the usable end. Heat up the glue stick and spin it around the rod shaft. (remember: do not heat up the rod tip to much because it will become brittle.) while the glue is on the shaft you will need to heat it up just a little (just enough to get it gooy) and slide on the eye and let cool (adjust the alignment so that the tip will line up with the other eylets before it completely cools). Bring the shrink tube up to the eye as far as you can and shrink it using a hair dryer.
I have been using my secondary for about 5 years now, with no problem what so ever.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 9:45
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Erie, PA
Sage Vantage, lots of shops online have them on sale for around $160. I casted one and the passport and enjoyed the sage more. Flyshopcloseouts.com has echo carbons on clearance for $80, I have never casted one but if I was on a budget thats what I would buy.

Posted on: 2013/1/29 4:02

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com