My new toy!

1wt

Finally...... I have the ultimate fly rod!! First let me say that I have always purchased the fly rods that were on sale. I have loved fly fishing and any rod was good enough for me!
A couple years ago, Orvis had a sale with a free reel when you purchase a top shelf rod. I bought a Superfine Trout Bum 1wt rod (why my name). Still way too pricey for me, but I forked out the $575 for the best rod I ever owned.
My 1wt broke four times, and Orvis repaired it for me for a small handling charge. The third time they sent me a whole new rod!!!
When it broke the fourth time, I sent it back to Orvis and spoke to a salesperson. I sent them three Benjamin s to upgrade to a Helios rod!
Then they sent my repaired 1wt Superfine back to me for $30!! I sold it to a friend of mine on another site for more than I paid Orvis! When the smoke settled, I now have a Helios for a very cheap price!!
This rod lists for $775 , and I must say that it is worth every penny!
It's the world's lightest rod, the best looking rod, has titanium flex guides, and is the best performance rod that was ever made.
I got the mid flex 8'4" four piece 3wt.
This rod is the ultimate!! Every cast perfect. Sunfish and trout are a beautiful thing to catch on this rod.
I have reached Nirvana ....... no need for me to upgrade any more!!
Finally let me say that Orvis is the best company!! Never a problem! Quick replacement with no questions asked!
I buy all my fly stuff from Orvis online! I have nothing to do with them..... no bucks coming my way, but I have to say that Orvis is really the best!!

Please buy a rod tube!!!

That's a nice looking rod. Does the reel feel a bit heavy? Why/how did the Superfine break so many times? That is great customer service from Orvis, so enjoy.

You can pry my Superfine 1wt from my cold dead fingers.

I think a little darker cork on there would look sweet.

Good deal. Fish the heck out of that rod and catch a ton of fish. I'll be in the market for a top of the line rod after about 10,000 things happen before that.

gfen wrote:

You can pry my Superfine 1wt from my cold dead fingers.

You can pry RowJimmy's Superfine 2wt from my cold dead fingers.

1wt, how did that rod break so many times? That Helios looks killer. I personally like the look of the Superfine Touch rods too.

That helios is one sweet rod dude. I caught my biggest bow to date which put me in the 20/20 club, all i can say about the helios is WOW. Super light, and great casting ability. The rod i have now is a custom superfine 4 wt, which i love also. Orvis makes a great rod!

RichK wrote:
That's a nice looking rod. Does the reel feel a bit heavy? Why/how did the Superfine break so many times?

Yeah, the reel is a bit heavy for the super light rod. It's the Orvis LA smallest size, I don't think they make them now...... looks like the Hydro's reel to me?
I will upgrade to a Sage Click 1 as soon as I find a good deal.

How come I broke the rod so many times?
"You have to break a few eggs to make a omelet"

I cast jules 3wt Helios rod a few times. it's great rod.

Enjoy your new toy!

PaulG

Back