HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: Made in America????

From Eastern PA
Quote:

ryguyfi wrote:
If I took offense to every written word on the internet then I'd probably have jumped off a bridge years ago. No offense taken from your comments.

Yes my products are made overseas, but they do have quality made products and do compare to some of the big manufactueres out there. I don't have solid proof yet, but I'm pretty sure that a couple big names in the industry have their products made from the same manufactuerer that I do. So, hence the business model. Cut out the massive advertising budget, the name brand and now you have a pretty high quality product at a price that most everyone can afford. It isn't touted to be the next Abel, or whatever company you want to throw out there, but if it develops as far as I imagine, then who knows where it goes. Maybe Risen Fly is the next standard in American made products in 10 years.

Frankly I find your product to be completely undifferentiated from Allen or any other company offered up of aforesaid Chinese grid. Next week I can put an order in for 100 reels and logo (insert your dream here) all over them. Having said that, I for one appreciate the fact that you backed off the "I designed and spec'd and QC" everything and boil it down to what it is. Chinese shops will, without moral, take anything and produce it to the lowest bidder. This is not to discount the quality of the product, rather it is to quantify the value of the product.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 23:27

From Portage, PA
I never said that I was a great American fly retailer, nor did I know that when responding to a forum post I should have to worry about some one checking my grammar.

That was a really great comment, and I am glad that is all you took from this thread.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 23:28

From Eastern PA
Quote:

mike_richardson wrote:
I never said that I was a great American fly retailer, nor did I know that when responding to a forum post I should have to worry about some one checking my grammar.

That was a really great comment, and I am glad that is all you took from this thread.

first you have HERP
then you have DERP

I would suggest that any comments I have made on this thread are well beyond what you have suggested.

Rebuttal?

Posted on: 2013/3/14 23:32

From Gamehendge
Jdaddy...agreed

Posted on: 2013/3/14 23:56

From D-Town
Whatever Herp is I am not so sure I would want to have that.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:01

From Eastern PA
Quote:

NickR wrote:
Whatever Herp is I am not so sure I would want to have that.

But you probably do. DUCY?

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:03

From The Frozen Tundra of WI
Agreed Herp de Durp, collage

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:05

From D-Town
You know me... ultimate tweaker here. They call me tiny.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:08

From D-Town
Mike did you ever try tying flies with dog hair? I have been experimenting with some new style flies using dog hair... wonderdog hair. 'Merika

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:24

Edited by NickR on 2013/3/15 0:40:14

From Chester County
Hey JD,

You seem to be obsessed with every word Mike R writes......man crush?!

And we already have an englishprof on board, so we're covered there.....

Posted on: 2013/3/15 7:54

From Portage, PA
Jdaddy, I will not be providing you with a reply because answering someone that I have no respect, or care the least what you have to say, seems like a complete waste of time on my part.

Nick. I have yet to tie with Dog hair, but often thought that my labradors hair would make a killer, minifoo type jig. Also in the spring and fall, I get about a yorkshire terrior sized pile of hair after sweeping the hardwood every day. Thought about spinning some lab hair much like deer hair.

I mean they secrete a water proof oil to coat their hair so who knows it may float very well. Better than throwing it out for the birds to use for insulation ;)

quote from hangover: "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except for Herpes, that hangs around for ever"

Posted on: 2013/3/15 8:51

From SE PA - Montgomery County
Deception is what made America what it is today. Do you think all of our founding fathers and businessmen were honest and truthful in their pursuits to make America what it is today? I doubt it. That is what makes a good businessman. Make people believe in what you are selling them. Made in America only means something to Americans.

Wasn't it St Croix that actually started saying "Made in North America"?? Deception.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 12:41

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Wasn't it St Croix that actually started saying "Made in North America"??

And here I thought that was Ford and GM!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 14:29

From Eastern PA
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Hey JD,

You seem to be obsessed with every word Mike R writes......man crush?!

And we already have an englishprof on board, so we're covered there.....

LOL. Busted!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 16:46

From York, PA
Quote:

CLSports wrote:
Deception is what made America what it is today. Do you think all of our founding fathers and businessmen were honest and truthful in their pursuits to make America what it is today? I doubt it. That is what makes a good businessman. Make people believe in what you are selling them. Made in America only means something to Americans. Deception.

This is the best paragraph ever written on this FF forum!

Excellent, simply excellent!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 0:54

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com