Looking for some new waders

kelso2340

kelso2340

In the market to get some new waders. Anybody know of any good deals going on anywhere? Any recommendations? Looking for breathable stocking foot.

Kelso do you read the threads here before posting? Drop down four or five posts to the post by PAbowhunter.

I just got the Simms G4s...I had around $150 in Cabelas points on my credit card and I had a $75 off coupon. Got the waders for around $225 so I figured it was a good deal for that quality of waders. Finding a pair that looks good, good quality, and has pockets seems to be disappearing. I was a huge fan of the Hodgmen Wadelites in the sage/green color but they are no longer made and I hate the new Hodgmen. Not a fan of the Cabelas waders and I am not a fan of the Orvis waders. I figured for almost $300 they should be Gortex.

BigJohn,
thats a great deal for G4's. i hate doing the cabela's thing that extra rewards card is a pita now, i liked it when i had just plain cabela's credit card then no matter what gas, eats,hell even heating oil i could rack up points in no time.

I was asking if anybody knew of any "deals' not just a general question though.

Lot of good info in that thread...just sayin.

After years of wearing Patagonia wader I have converted to Dan Bailey waders. Recently purchased the light weight waders for 199.00 and could not be happier. There better than the waders I was paying twice the price for.

Lonewolve wrote:
BigJohn,
thats a great deal for G4's. i hate doing the cabela's thing that extra rewards card is a pita now, i liked it when i had just plain cabela's credit card then no matter what gas, eats,hell even heating oil i could rack up points in no time.

I still get points for any kind of purchase. I think just not quite as many points as you used to get.

Sorry to inconvenience you.

fadeaway263 wrote:
Kelso do you read the threads here before posting? Drop down four or five posts to the post by PAbowhunter.

Oh snap you just got PWND by Fade!

I bought a pair of discontinued Hodgman waders. Zipper in front, very nice 3 ot 4 ply breathable. Total of $87.45 on that auction site. A great price for new breathable waders.

I hate that zipper in front design. Thats just one more place for the things to leak. I just don't trust it. As for my waders I believe they were G3s now to think of it. Anyways they were one of the guide series.

That zipper would sure be handy when you're fishing in a downpour and gotta take a leak.
I think I would try waders that have it. But only if they come with a good warranty

Kelso, after getting the excellent opinions on here about what to get I decided to get the LLBean Helix II Waders, I liked the design and the warrenty is the best in the industry from what I have heard. I was leaning towards the Simms G3's for $429.99 but I am sometimes hard on equipment and didn't want to sink that much money into them. The Helix I got are the king size mediums for $315.99. Bean had a 15% off deal up until last tues which took them to $271.15 plus free shipping. Got them today and are not disappointed in the least. Very well fitting, lightweight, great design on the shoulder straps, nice outside and inside pockets, and even came with a wader support belt. I think they are worth the $$$ I spent and here is hoping that they hold up on the stream (will find out in a week). If not my next purchase will be the G'3 no matter how much they cost!!!

I bought the Bean Helix II waders a couple of weeks ago when a 10% discount popped up on the website. I also had a $10.00 off coupon so my cost was $259. I bought these to replace a pair of their Wicked Tough waders which gave me great use. I'm not sure I'm keeping the Helix IIs. I like the overall construction but the size large is a little big for me I think and I'm not sure I like the suspender system and buckles at all. Going to try on a pair of Simms before a final decision on keeping the Beans or sending them back.

I personally love my Orvis waders, they cost i believe 150 and have a limited warranty. And with Orvis their limited warranty is better then most companies full warranty. I had them replaced last year without a problem. But I just ordered a pair of Simms G3, build quality and look got me to be honest.

I have had the LL Bean waders and I haven't found a pair that fit. They always design the legs too skinny especially the neoprine waders. I always sent them back. Orvis for the price I'd expect them to be Gortex but they aren't. If I'm spending over $200 I expect some kind of waranty and have them Gortex hense why I went with the Simms.

Back