LLBean Kennebec Waders - $149

Swattie87

Swattie87

Just a heads up for those presently in the market for waders. These are the best waders I've ever owned and are in the same class as top end offerings from Simms/Orvis/Patagonia. They're typically $249. Bean has them reduced to $199 (maybe they're getting ready to roll out an updated version), and then a further 25% off site wide promo running through Tuesday 11/13. Bottom line, they're down to $149, with free shipping. This is a complete steal. I don't need a new pair right now, but I'm ordering one anyway at this price.

Kennebec Waders

I might even do the old "Utah, get me two" at this price.

That is a great price for amazing waders.

I picked up a zippered pair 2 years ago. By far the best waders I’ve owned. I notice that zippers are not a present offering.

Thanks for the heads up Matt, I just bought a pair to replace my Simms that have begun to leak more than I’d like.

You bet fellas. I did order a pair too. Only one. ;-)

Nice. Thanks! I’ve been using these. They are as good or better than any washers I’ve owned.

Nice...Thanks. Don't need a pair currently but for $149, I pulled the trigger. They will be in the basement waiting for my current waders to spring a leak!

Thanks swattie just pulled the trigger on another set

As suspected, they rolled out an updated model for Spring 2019. $280 sticker price now. The last 3 models have gone from $225 to $250 to $280 now over about 5 or 6 years.

Not sure if they’re simply recognizing the value in terms of what waders these actually compete against, or whether previous warranty abuse (policy now changed) played a role. Both probably.

Either way, I’m glad I got a new pair in box of the outgoing ones at that $150 sale price for when my current ones (still in decent shape) kick it.

Edit: New model is $270. $280 for the talls, which is apparently what I clicked on.

Dear Swattie,

I have a pair of the older style Kennebec's that I outgrew. You've met me, and fished with me, so you know just how big of a dude I was then.

Based on my growth spurt, I needed new waders so I bought some Caddis waders in size FATSOB today from Amazon. When I get them and try them on, I will report back to the board.

Meanwhile I think I need to walk the dog more and reduce my size so that I can fit into the old Kennebec's.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Love them.... a great purchase at this price IMO

How do you find the sizes run? are they true to size?

Thanks for the heads up!

You pick both a length and width/cut with their sizing. So, generally yes, especially with the length. They’re a looser, baggier cut for all sizes, which I like...I seem to sweat in these less than any other wader I've owned...baggier cut allows for more airflow? They don't ever seem suctioned to my legs if you know what I mean.

If you’re a really skinny guy, they could seem a bit loose I suspect, even if you order Regular width, but IMO that's not a bad thing.

I’m 6’0/180 and am happy with Large/Regular FWIW.

Hey Guys

On Sale again today 3/14 for $149

Think this price is for today only

I picked up a pair.

Must have been yesterday only, dont see it today

Four months after purchase and the right leg leaks like a sieve below the knee. Can’t find a hole with visual inspection. Chasing leaks again. Face palm.

^If no hole, justified use of the the Bean warranty IMO.

I’ve had nothing but good luck with them. Sorry if you got a dud Mo. Water is the ultimate worthy adversary.

Maurice wrote:
Four months after purchase and the right leg leaks like a sieve below the knee. Can’t find a hole with visual inspection. Chasing leaks again. Face palm.

I agree with Swattie, try to get them replaced by LLB. Your complaint is legit.

The elimination of the long term warranty by LLB was done because of abuses of the policy by many. Instead of 4 months, people would return things after 4 years or 14 years or 24 years. Anyway, well after the expected lifetime of the product.

Bummer to hear, but not surprised. The last couple of Bean waders I bought were definitely not as quality as their old ones... since then I've moved on to other brands.

Back