Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: LL Bean in KOP Mall

From Harrisburg
Dear swattie,

Sign up for Sierra Trading Post's deal flyer and take advantage of one of their extra 25 or 30% off coupons and free shipping and I'll wager you'll be able to get 2 pairs of waders for between $ 125.00 and $ 150.00.

Alternate them and you'll get probably 3 years or 1 1/2 years free use if they last like most cheap waders.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/8/22 13:54
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Thanks Tim...Yeah, I already get those, and that's another option I'd consider. Nothing on there right now I'm wild about, but I still got a month before I need to buy...will keep my eyes peeled.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 14:20

From Lehigh Valley
Matt - Last day I worked for the Bean was in May, and I haven't been in the store since (Center Valley).

If you get up there, ask for Steve or George - they know their stuff. They have the Kennebec's on display, and likely have them in stock. Call first though. They're nice waders, and pretty beefy in construction - maybe a little too beefy for my tastes. I haven't used them, however, so I can't really give a recommendation on them. They're pretty heavy duty in construction, and I wouldn't hesitate to bust brush with them. Good choice if you only have one pair of waders, and need something reliable. May not be the best choice for hot weather - there's a lot of material in those things.

A couple of us that fished with you during our video making trip have picked up the new Orvis Silver Sonic convertibles. Really nice features, and a reasonable price for top quality waders. I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet, but Dan has used and abused his since Spring with no issues at all. Fox started using them, and really likes them as well. Might be worth checking into them...

Posted on: 2013/8/22 18:17

Thanks HA. Yeah, durability and general tough construction are my top priorities. I don't do a ton of that kind of fishing during the hottest days of Summer, so excess heat retention is a tradeoff I'm willing to make for durability. I'll check out the Orvis SS's.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 18:51

From Erie Co.
simms guides purchased them in 2005 for @300. That is @$37 per year. I did send them back into simms for new booties and pinhole repairs about 4 years ago. I will spend the money on the next pair.
I was not easy on them, 8 steelhead season(Sept-may) trout and bass the remaining. every year wash and revix and pin hole repair( easy with gortex).

Posted on: 2013/8/22 19:40

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Steelhead fishing is not at all tough on waders. Wide open, pretty flat, not much in the way of climbing and such. It's the non-stop stepping up and down from waste high boulders that puts the hurting on waders for me. When scrambling, you're always stretching the inner legs.

Still, that's an impressive time frame. Also an impressive price for Simms Guide waders, how'd you find them for that?

I've considered Freestones, which are only slightly stretching my price range. Guides I always see at $450.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 10:08

From Monessen, PA
Steelhead fishing is always easiest on waders, but always highlights the slightest leak. Brrrrrr!

Posted on: 2013/8/23 13:18

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
True.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 13:20

Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
True.

I think something is wrong with pcray. Or we have an imposter.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 14:52

The Bean Kennebec's dropped to $150 online...the drop in price was enough to get me to buy them unseen.

Posted on: 2013/8/24 22:02

Kennebec's came last night. Initital impression is that the legging material (which is 2x as thick, at least, than the waist up material) will be pretty durable, but also pretty hot. My last pair was similar, so I'm used to that to some degree though and I'm willing to trade some additional heat retention for durability given the kind of fishing I do most. There's definitely less seams on these than any other wader pair I've owned…can't be a bad thing. I like the belt system, but that's a personal preference deal probably. A couple nice bells and whistles for the price…lined handwarmer pocket and two fairly waterproof looking zipper pockets…waterproof enough it would seem to keep a camera or phone dry enough on a quick submersion.

Probably won't get put through their paces until a Tioga/Potter trip next month. At $150, the barometer is set at 1.5 years for these…we'll see how they do. Given when I bought them, that will mean they need to get through two winters. My last pair only had to get through one. A minor leak is refreshing in July…it's unbearable in January.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 12:48

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com