Korkers Redside Wading Boots?

jreichel

jreichel

Does anyone have any experience with these boots or Korkers other convertible soul boots? I am thinking about getting a pair and would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Jeff

I've been using Metalheads for the last 9 months and am quite pleased with them. Much lighter and a bit more flexible sole than the boots I replaced and the grip with the studded kling-on soles has been on par with felt.

I have a pair of Redsides I've been using for about a year. I'm happy with them. They are comfortable. No problems with the interchangeable soles.
My boots came with 2 pair of soles; the kling-on and studded kling-on soles. I keep the studded soles on most of the time. The studded kling-on soles work pretty good on the rocks for me.
The boots feel good and are not heavy. They drain well also. I've never had cold feet either using them.
I'm glad I bought them.

How about sizing... They say they are a "True Fit" should I get 1 size larger then my street shoes or the same size?

Thanks
Jeff

jreichel wrote:
How about sizing... They say they are a "True Fit" should I get 1 size larger then my street shoes or the same size?

Thanks
Jeff

I bought mine 1 size larger (size 9). I tried them on with my wadders when I bought them. I tried my regular shoe size (size 8)and that was too tight.

One other thing I like about them is the quick pull laces. Just pull them and lock them in place. Then I tuck the lace into my boot.

I just got these for Xmas and cant wait to try them out. I have had a model that isnt availible anymore for two years and LOVE THEM!!!!

I bought mine in my normal shoe size and the fit perfectly.

I bought a pair last year and I really like them. I bought a half size up, but more because I have wide feet. As mentioned above, they come with 2 pairs of soles (felt and rubber). One other thing to mention, initially the soles are tight, and somewhat difficult to get off. I actually broke one of the soles and Korkers sent me a new pair in 2 days. I appreciate working with good customer service, and they were great to work with. For the price, they can't be beat.

Thanks everyone for the input. As always everyone on this site is awsome and very helpfull. I will be ordering these soon. Again thanks for putting my mind at ease about this purchase.

Jeff

I tried on the metalheads and the chrome. I instantly loved the Chromes! I bought them and so far have used them on Pulaski, Fishing Creek and Lehigh. I got both rubber and felt both studded and non studded. I really have become fond of the studded rubber. The boots are worth every penny! The chrome IMO are the most comfortable. I am not sure what other boots you may be looking at but Simms are now made by Korkers. Take a neo sock and try em all on. Chrome will most likely be the winner.

I just started fly fishing this fall and these were my first pair of boots, so I have no basis for comparison but I have been happy with them so far. The interchangeable soles have worked out great except for the the time I wore the felt soles out in the snow(oops). Obviously no fault on Korkers part. I normally wear a size 12 shoes, so I bought a size 13 and they fit great with my waders. Also, the price was right. I got them for $100.

I wore mine on Sunday fishing valley and LOVED them nice and light very comfy!!! Now to see if my wife can fit in a size 8 since they don't seem to make em in women's sizes.

Back