If you could only 1 pair of waders and boots

littlelehigh

littlelehigh

chest waders with felt/hard soles attached

stocking feet waders and felt sole boots only

stocking feet waders and felt and studded boots

stocking feet waders with rubber soles

stocking feet waders with studded soles only

stocking feet waders and felt and studded boots.

Most comfortable, safest, and most effective. The only drawback would be the cold. I wish I had boot foot waders for that.

Simm's G3's fit me like a glove. Both boots and waders!! Although- if I find something better that comes around I will give'me a try. Right now I like studs with felt.

For heavy wading I prefer stockingfoot chest waders and with studded felt boots. Because I enjoy fishing new water so much I've decided to go studded aquastealth sole...There are some nasty invasive's out there..I'm estimating about a 20% decline in performance with aqustealth compared to felt studded. I also have read that it takes a while for aquastealth to break in and become tacky.

If I could only have one pair of waders and boots I'd start saving my money for the pair I'll need to buy 2 years from now...

Wait, people have more than one pair at a time?

I only want one pair of waders, and they're breathable stock foot chest waders. The boots are Cabela's branded felt with studs.

9 year old Simms Lightweights still holding up well for fishing the Yough, paired up with Simms Guide boots (studded felts). Also have a pair of Cloudveil Crystal Creek Wading Pants for fishing Laurel Hill.

Stocking foot with studded felt is the only thing I'll buy anymore.

I do most of my fishing with waist high stocking foots and felt soled boots. For winter steelhead I couldn't live without my insulated boot foots. Tough to choose just one style.

Looks like 20% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish heh

I love the felt and studs, but with things "changing", I will be going to the rubber (vibram and/or aquastealth).

Stockingfoot waders and studded rubber soles for me.

i just got a great price on a pair of simms rivershed waders, my studded weinbrenners are starting to come apart, my next shoe will be studded rubber sole

jrcll wrote:
i just got a great price on a pair of simms rivershed waders, my studded weinbrenners are starting to come apart, my next shoe will be studded rubber sole

How old are you Weinbrenners?

maurice.. i bought them in 1997, great boot i love em, if i can find a shoe repair that can fix the stitching i`ll do that ... depending on how much they charge

Cloudveil 8x waders, and korkers new guide boots.... With interchangeable soles you can pick in choose which you like best without buying a new boot... And with the soles only being 30$ not a big kill in the back either....

Just want to say thank you to everyone for their input. I purchased a pair of Simms Freestone studded felt from Cabela's. They fit and feel great! Haven't tried them in water yet though but I expect them to hold up quite well!

I carry two pair, one for winter, one for summer. Stocking foot neo's with studded felts. Those are for steelies on the Lake Erie tribs, which we like to hit in December, Jan, Feb, anytime we know fish are in and the water isn't iced over. The only problem I have then is that when walking on snow, the felts pick up snowballs and the moment you step into the water you have to be careful until the snowballs bleed off. I am moving to rubber stubbed soles this year.

The other pair are my stocking foot breathables and another pair of boots with felts.

Both work for me........

Alwayswading..............you are a 20%er, by the way for the rest, I know a very good orthopedic surgeon in case anyone is interestd

Back