I know its dumb but.....

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

I got some of the new orvis tippet with the built in cutter. I thought it was a stupid gimmick but man I use it a lot. It's quicker and it helps keep all my tippet length so much neater. I will still keep my nippers on my vest for those oh crap moments but sometimes its the little things.

Sounds good. I can imagine how easy that would make adding tippet. You'd still have to clip the tag ends, but that would save one step.

syl

I had my brother in law pick up a full set of Tippett from 6x-3x and then fished with it after stacking them and putting them in my keeper. I was so PO'ed that he bought me junk Tippett that broke after one revolution.I was venting to DKile and Afish at the Jam this past spring. Tom was very concerned about my faulty product when he asked if it was the new stuff or the old. And then went on to say that there is a cutter on the new stuff... I was embarrassed and now love the cutter since reaching around to get my nippers usually gives me a cramp in my side.

Maurice wrote:
I had my brother in law pick up a full set of Tippett from 6x-3x and then fished with it after stacking them and putting them in my keeper. I was so PO'ed that he bought me junk Tippett that broke after one revolution.I was venting to DKile and Afish at the Jam this past spring. Tom was very concerned about my faulty product when he asked if it was the new stuff or the old. And then went on to say that there is a cutter on the new stuff... I was embarrassed and now love the cutter since reaching around to get my nippers usually gives me a cramp in my side.

Coming soon, a free instruction booklet and DVD on how to use the new tippet spool cutter... :p

afishinado wrote:
Maurice wrote:

Coming soon, a free instruction booklet and DVD on how to use the new tippet spool cutter... :p

Will it come with an Orvis guarantee my knot won't break :lol:

ryansheehan wrote:

Yes, and if it does, you get a free pair of waders. :lol:

Swattie87 wrote:
ryansheehan wrote:

Yes, and if it does, you get a free pair of waders. :lol:

Yes! don't worry my knots always....never break. ;-)

I noticed that feature but I bite my line off the spool. I only need nippers to trim knots. I like that orvis super strong stuff though.

Just to mention, Scientific Anglers has been doing this on their tippet for a few years now. Orvis finally caught on. I do find it very useful, but I always end up using nippers to then cut tag ends off once I tie a fly on.

DanL wrote:
Just to mention, Scientific Anglers has been doing this on their tippet for a few years now. Orvis finally caught on. I do find it very useful, but I always end up using nippers to then cut tag ends off once I tie a fly on.

"Scientific Anglers is subsidiary of Orvis, and currently has a design lab in Midland, Michigan" from Wikipedia

Back