Holy wow - expensive waders!

Posted on: 10/17 11:32

Re: Holy wow - expensive waders!

$1,900,000 for a car?

Koenigsegg Regera

Posted on: 10/17 12:12

From Lewistown
But that car will hold its value those waders will be leaky in a couple of years. (Of course you could buy 1900 pairs of waders instead of the car)

Posted on: 10/17 12:38

From Clinton County, Pa.
$110 for line nippers! Sorry could not resist. LOL

Posted on: 10/17 16:53

Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
$110 for line nippers! Sorry could not resist. LOL

you forgot the link!

$105 Nippers

Posted on: 10/17 17:35

$1'000 for waders? When will the absurdity end? I will make an educated guess because I have been in hundreds of manufacturing facilities in the past 25 years. So here goes: They are probably using the same manufacturing equipment to make the latest waders. Their materials may be a bit more expensive. Their labor costs may be a bit more. $1,000? I don't own Simms waders, pretty satisfied with mine. If I won big bucks in the lotto, I wouldn't buy Simms waders because I perceive this as arrogance.

Posted on: 10/17 19:09

I hate bootfoot waders so I wouldn't get them. G4zs retail for 800 bucks. The additional 200 for bootfoots isn't insane. I don't think pa is the target market for those waders. I'd say they are targeting Alaska and the pnw. Simms makes a good product and I have a few pairs of their top end models but at this point I wet wade as much as i can.

Posted on: 10/17 19:41

I have many Simms products, not just waders and packs but even shoes and board shorts. I looked at the bootfoots for the salt, because I don't want the sand grating the stockingfoot on my waders. I can't justify the cost, unless I get them at discount.

Posted on: 10/17 20:08

afishinado wrote:

I find you very confrontational, offensive and have never seen more a glass-half-empty attitude.

I own a bunch of Simms stuff too...from hats, to jackets, sweater-fleeces, fishing shirts, and even rivershed sandals (like Keens), but honestly my Cabela's Dry Plus Tall waders have served me well as and wonder what (if) I am missing. I just got a backup pair of my Cabela's ones for $79 and had to replace (lifetime warranty) my one pair that has seen consistent rough use since 2013. I walked up to the desk, explained that they leaked, and in minutes I had a brand new pair...no questions asked. I also have that warranty on my backup pair should I need to use it (aside from the current replaced pair). But a grand for a pair of boot foots blows my mind. Not saying it's not something I couldn't afford but rather why when so many options exist. Wouldn't 10 pairs of $100 waders over the course of however many years of use/abuse equal the justification of one pair of these.

Posted on: 10/17 22:11

Nobody is forcing you to buy them. If your $79 pair of waders work well then there is no reason for you to change.

I went through a bunch of different waders at the 100-200 price range and wasn't happy with any of them so I bit the bullet and bought G4s. I've been happy with them and bought a couple pairs of higher end Simms since then. At the end of the day, putting on and taking off waders is a pain in the ass and waders are way too hot in the summer. I've wet waded almost exclusively from mid May until now. It is a beautiful thing to be able to wet wade for steelhead.

On a side note, I've probably owned a 6 to 8 pairs of breathable waders and 4-6 pairs of neoprene prior to that. The absolute WORST waders I've owned were the Orvis Tailwater XT bootfoots. Does anyone remember them? The best "cheap" pair I had were Orvis Silver Label bootfoots that I bought around 2000.

Posted on: 10/18 11:04

Quote:

moon1284 wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to buy them. If your $79 pair of waders work well then there is no reason for you to change.

That was my point with showing the expensive car..
No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, its a good thing that there are options and companies are making high end products for those that want them.
This happens in any market, not just fly fishing, there will always be options from the low end to the high end, its a great thing really.
Should Simms not make high end expensive waders? Of course they should, that's what they do.
If you don't want a 1,200 dollar hand made rod, or a pair of $1,000 waders, or a set of fancy shmancy 100 dollar nippers then don't buy them, I know I wont, but I wont blame the company for offering that stuff either.

Posted on: 10/18 12:36

From SE Pa
Two truisms, all waders leak and a fool and his money are soon parted. Buy what you want but I'll stick to my cabelas with the lifetime warranty. It's a no brainer.

Posted on: 10/18 21:29

Cabelas waders are like harbor freight tools.

Posted on: 10/18 23:30

Quote:

moon1284 wrote:
Cabelas waders are like harbor freight tools.

Hahaha! Having mushroomed a couple Harbor Freight sockets (they weren't my sockets) I can appreciate the analogy.

Posted on: 10/18 23:41

From Lewistown
I had a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus that lasted over 10 years or hard use and still only have a tiny leak in the bootie.

Posted on: 10/19 14:25

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com