Hodgman Boot Waders - can't get em off

M

mjones32

I have a pair of Hodgman Boot Waders, that have some sort of lightweight plastic boot, not like standard welly boot rubber ones.

They are nice - warm & light but after a couple of hours fishing some kind of suction occurs and they are more or less impossible to remove without assistance. My first trip of the season just reminded me of this issue.

I have considered trying to roughen the inside surface to break up the suction or maybe apply some kind of lubricant. Maybe make some kind of of wooden device to pull the boot off ? Anyone else solved this one ?

Yep. You need a boot jack. It will peel right off and don't have to bend over. I never leave home without one.simple to make just get a 5" wide board, cut a U shape in one end and round over the edges, use another 5" board as a base, screw a wedge to the base and screw your U shaped board on top of the wedge. Done.

Cool, I think I can do that, thanks !

I'd second the boot jack idea...

You could also just reconfigure your life in such a way that it wouldn't matter and just leave them on full time. This way, you could spend a lot more time fishing. I think this is the way I would go, but try the boot jack if you want..

Back