Hip boot recommendations

A

AFISHN

I searched the forum here but couldn't find any intel on hip boots.
The past two years I've been doing more brookie fishing and completely wore out my circa 1990 hip boots.

Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated
thanks
Tom

I bought cheap pro-lines for smashing through briars and brush while fishing. That said, Lacrosse made the best hip boots I've found.

You might want to give the Chota "hippies" a look. A buddy I fish with a lot has them, so does my Dad, they both like them.

I took an old pair of chest waders that had a small leak, repaired the leak and cut them down to hippers.
Not the prettiest things, but there is no fashion shows in the middle of the woods.

I love my Chota hippies, but I wouldn't consider them brush busters.

I bought a pair of Frogg Toggs "Canyon" stocking foot hip boots two years ago. I am well satisfied. I use them exclusively for small stream fishing. They are decent quality, lightweight and ALOT better than rubber hip boots.

The last couple pair of pro-line rubber hip boots that I've bought, didn't last long at all. I've had trouble with the rubber splitting in the ankle area. And I'm not buying them anymore.
Maybe I'll give La Crosse hippers a try

I've had the same experience as dry fly guy- the last 2 pairs of pro lines i bought dry rotted on the 2nd season. They aren't cheap enough to justify that kind of lifespan imo.

Prior to that I had lacrosse's that lasted since the 90's. I loved those but I've heard a lot of bad reports about lacrosse's neoprene duck hunting waders rubber boot foots dry rotting. Apparently there was an issue with the portion of pvc to rubber used.

Back