Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hendrix Outdoors?

From Pittsburgh, PA
Noticed that Sierra Trading Post has some gear from Hendrix Outdoors on their site now - Rods, Reels, Waders, Jackets, etc.

Anyone have experience with their gear?

The way I understand it they're a smaller sporting goods company from Nevada that has branded their own line of FF Gear much like Cabelas (ie they don't manufacture, they just slap their name on it).

Posted on: 2012/12/5 8:57

Re: Hendrix Outdoors?

From Limerick, Pa
Before Christmas I took a shot and ordered a pair of Hendrix waders. Forget the exact model but they cost just over $50 with all the STP discounts thrown in there. I do recall Googling the model # and at 3 different internet stores, they were all priced at $199.
Had the chance to get out last Sunday and use them for a couple of hours and was pleased with their performance and features. I am generally not a high-end, expensive equipment guy, so for the money I thought it was a sound purchase. Until of course, they begin leaking.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 17:09

Re: Hendrix Outdoors?

I bought one of their Dry Weld wading jackets from Sierra. With discounts it came to $54. I was looking for a light weight breathable jacket to put in my vest in case of rain on day long fishing trips and this seems to fit the bill. Very lightweight and waterproof. I tested the waterproof with my arm in the shower no test of breathability yet but on line reviews sound good. This jacket is more of a shell than a full blown wading jacket but as I said that is what I wanted.

I also bought one of their nets and am impressed. Price was around $29 and it comes with a very nice magnetic attachment.

Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2013/1/18 7:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com