Good deal on Abel reels.

gfen

gfen

Figured others might be looking for a 5-8wt reel, and this seemed liked a pretty killer deal:

Abel Big Game #2 Reels (aka Super 5) for $300+S/H

Called a Super5, it sells for $575. The Big Game #2 is being cleared out direct from Abel for $360, but these guys are the 20th anniversery marked reels, so while its functionally no different, its lacks porting and has a 100 edition run engraving making it a littler rarer.

I wanted to wait til mine came in to make sure there wasn't anything funny going on, and the company was fast, friendly and efficent (they were). Nothing like seeing the Abel pricetag with $1200 written on the box, either.

Anyways, seemed like a good deal and I hope someone else can take advantage of it. At $300, its barely more than the price of a new Super5 spool (which, for the record, are interchangable with the BG2 reel).

4438474396_628a3b14a4.jpg

Sweet! Now what rod is that beast going on? Your grandkids are gonna love it. :-D

That's a reel your great grand kids will be fishing. You can put it in your will! Congrats.

My kids? HAH!

When I go, I'm being cremated on a pyre of fly rods and antique cameras... They can keep whatever they can pull out of the flames.

;)

gfen wrote:
When I go, I'm being cremated on a pyre of fly rods and antique cameras... They can keep whatever they can pull out of the flames.

Holy conflagration, Batman!

No fears - after Cali Burrito, I'll be ready. ;-)

Like this.

Back