Frogg Toggs

JVenezia

JVenezia

Has anyone tried their waders or rain wear ?

I tried their rubber hip boots once.
And they fell apart after just a couple of brookie expeditions

I am mainly looking at their breathable "Hellbender" chest waders.
The online reviews look good but, I never fully trust those...lol

Had them a few years ago. First time through a thicket they became a sieve.
Spend the money on LL Bean. Good stuff with a good warranty. Not necessarily priced as high as Simms, etc.

I've had the waist high Hellbender waders and Anura boots since March. They have worked out well with about 30 days used in PA and just survived 10 days on the Madison in Montana. I've put a lot of miles on these and they're still dry and the soles are still on the boots. If they would leak tomorrow, I would still consider them a good purchase. YMMV

I currently use the Hellbender stockingfoot breathables.

I had them for about a year. They started leaking a while back, but nothing Aquaseal couldn't fix. Recently(past month or so) they started leaking again. This time I can't find where the leaks could be.........I honestly think they're just losing their waterproofness from the knee down.

Keep in mind I'm very tough on waders, but then again I also wet wade most of the summer......

If you don't fish all that much, don't bust through a lot of brush, and don't walk for miles then I guess they're a good buy for the money.

I bought a set of Hellbenders and a casting jacket when the airlines lost my wader bag a few years ago. Their a good buy for the money but my personal preference are SIMMS. Built by fisherman by fisherman.

good for back ups for the price,Have lasted as long as most other in price range.Rain gear very light in weight but not made for the jungle.

I purchased a pair of Anura's about three years ago... they leaked like crazy out of the box. I contacted FrogToggs and they sent me a new pair... they leaked like crazy out of the box. I tried aquaseal but like somebody else said they think they lost their "waterproofness." I think I threw those waders in the trash... I didn't even attempt to get another pair or get my money back. I think Chota and Redington have waders that are priced similarly and might be worth checking out before FrogToggs.

wow nick that sucks,I seems just like everything quality control is a thing of the past.Only had one pair with no major issues.Lasted a year and a half just like the rest.

MelvinP,

I do see many good reviews on FrogToggs...a bit frustrating that it wasn't my experience.

My siimms g3 waders are 7 1/2 yrs old. Beat to hell but yet to leak so not all waders last 18 months. Just sayin

I had FroggToggs and they were decent, eventually after applying goop to most of the knee surface area they were too leaky. I sprung for a pair of Simms and will never use another wader.

It's tough to lay down the money for a pair of Simms but you have to add up all the other money you have spent over the years on waders that will all eventually need to be replaced. Over the long run it pays to buy Simms.

Plus your buddies will all say "Oh, look at him,..." lol

Back