Fly Line for BVK

W

Wharfrat

I was looking for a new line for my 6 weight TCO BVK rod. I use it for 70 % nymphing , 20 % Dries, and 10 % streamers. I was thinking of Rio Gold but not sure if that is a good match for this rod. Has anyone tried the new Rio Perception line ? Any suggestions ?

any line in that weight should work.

Cast one with gold and with grand. Love Rio gold but I'm not a fan of Rio grand. The grand was a good fit for that rod. GPX from SA might also be good.

I use rio outbound on the BVK 10 wt. its is heavier then most lines and is more like an 11 wt. it cast great can basically clear the whole thing it there is no wind I am casting into. that for surf and all streamer fishing but I have asked others with it and they also like to over line the rod.

Trident , Did you over line with the Rio Gold ? Or did you match the line weight with your rod ?

I cast s bvk 10' 5wt with gold. Didn't care for it and traded it. A few months later, I cast a buddy's 9' 6wt with grand on it. It was very good. Don't know if it was the blank or the line that made the difference. I'm guessing it was the different line taper.

Trident, rather than overline with gold, have you tried t with grand?

Back