Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: First Aid Kits

From philadelphia
i could roll around naked in poison ivy,and not get it.this is not just theory :)

Posted on: 2017/7/20 22:43

From Gettysburg
I'm also one of those lucky ones who are highly resistant to poisin ivy. However, I too have heard the notion that this immunity can fade with time and exposure, so these days I'm careful around PI.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 7:49

Quote:

ryansheehan wrote:
According to experts the more you come in contact the worse your reaction is. Your reaction now may be unnoticeable but with continued exposure your reaction would grow, possibly to a point where you would notice. My personal experiences tell me other wise(as stated above) but they are far from scientific.

Same here, if it is true that the more contact the worse the reaction I would assume I would have a terrible reaction by now, but still havent had one. Most of my teenage years were spent outdoors, and much of my adult life, I've identifiably have came into contact with poisin ivy many many times, and probably many more when I wasnt paying attention. I'm not so sure more contact = more reaction in all cases, It certainly doesn't appear to be the case with me personally.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 11:34

Quote:

shakey wrote:
i could roll around naked in poison ivy,and not get it.this is not just theory :)

Same

Posted on: 2017/7/21 11:34

From Westmoreland/Tioga
I carry an adventure medical kit kit in my vest/pack.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 12:41

From Grattan Township, MI
Funny thing, when I first saw the subject I thought of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TzP-o4vhs&list=RDY3TzP-o4vhs

Moderator: feel free to move this to the OTW forum.

As for me, I usually fish with a buddy and don't carry a first aid kit.

Don

Posted on: 2017/7/21 15:41

I agree with Ryan. I don't even carry a Band-aid. *knock on wood* I'll cut myself tomorrow now.

But I don't worry about ticks like y'all do either. I pulled a lonestar tick off of my leg a while back. If I get that "red meat" disease I won't survive.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 22:56

afishinado wrote:

I find you very confrontational, offensive and have never seen more a glass-half-empty attitude.

From Philadelphia PA
The best place to have poison ivy (or some thorny bushers) is outside your teenager daughter's room window.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 8:36

Fun Fact: Did you know that toilet paper has a "best if used by" label? Find out at Urass.org

Webmaster
I thought about this thread for long time and had it on my list to do a video follow up. These are the items I carry as a EDC while I'm fishing.

Posted on: 5/1 17:37

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>

Copyright 2019 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com