Fenwick 6'0 5 weight Brown Glass Rod

P

PALongbow

I aquired a Fenwick 6'0 5 weight Brown Glass rod last year and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what it may be worth. I did some research and nothing much comes up.

Thanks,
Ron

The Fenwick logo sticker with another sticker than says FF605 2 oz. Flyline size #5 is all that is marked on the rod.

Thinking about selling it but would like to know fair market value. It came to me without a rod tube. Just the rod.

Ron

Do you fish small streams at all? Its a sweet rod for small streams!

Just from what I see other Fenwicks going for on the sleezebay, I'd guess you could get a solid $100 for it. Hard to say though. Some of those rods go for $600+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-FENWICK-FLY-ROD-FENWICK-FF-605-FLY-ROD-FENWICK-FIBERGLASS-FLY-ROD-1971-K-/221205337211?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3380dd947b#ht_7339wt_917

drop a 4wt. on it and fish some brookie streams it's a blast. i have the 5'2" and the 6' in 5 wt, but use a 4 on them..

PALongbow wrote:
I aquired a Fenwick 6'0 5 weight Brown Glass rod last year and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what it may be worth. I did some research and nothing much comes up.

Thanks,
Ron

Check your pm

Longbow..... Fish it... I doubt you'll be disappointed unless you paid premium figures for it.. I have that exact model and after using it for over 40 years I can't see me ever parting with it..
And, I think I will try a 4wt line on it as was suggested.. Why not eh ??

FAS

I have one and as suggested put a 4wt on it. I love slow rods and have lots of glass rods but that one with a five weight is way to slow. I mean difficult slow. Fun rod for natives.

Back