Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Echo Shadow II Fly Rod

From South Jersey
I was wondering if these rods are worth it. I'm looking at the 4106-4 being a 10'6" rod for my introduction to nymphing. Any comments?

Posted on: 1/24 14:03

Re: Echo Shadow II Fly Rod

From Clinton County, Pa.
I own this rod. I bought it at the FF Show in Lancaster a couple of years ago. I must admit I got a great price on it. A friend of mine I was with owns one so I took a chance. Later I purchased the optional Competition Kit which includes two 6 inch rod extensions, counterweights and a removable fighting butt. I have no regrets over this purchase. It is good with nymphs and in a pinch will work with drys.

Posted on: 1/25 9:50

From Warwick, PA
I have the Echo Shadow II 10' 3wt and the rod fishes well but on 2 occasions I have had guides pull out of the wrappings since they are single foot guides.

Posted on: 1/30 10:08

From Brickerville
Its a good rod for the price. The comp kit makes a huge difference in how the rod handles. I suggest a 3wt it should handle everything you throw at it and provide a little extra sensitivity. Also consider that rod is in the price range of other good options such as the cortland comp and the syndicate rods that may be worth a look.

Posted on: 2/5 22:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com