HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Echo Rods for 2014

From Landenberg, PA
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Not made for me either. I agree, some anglers take the "perfect tool" concept a little too far. Ignorance?

Jack - or just another excuse to buy another rod ?

:o)

Posted on: 1/27 13:00

Tim Rajeff knows his stuff. I have one of the fist Echos from about 12 years ago.
I'm also currently reading George Daniels book, Dynamic Nymphing. When tight lining, using as long as a rod as you can get away with makes sense. Anyone looking for a 9' 6 weight?

Posted on: 1/27 23:31

From United States
Any competition is going to lean in the direction of what is legal to use and the most effective. Another skill level is achieved in another direction all together. In this case the idea of using longer rods does not appear to be a skill set rising above coventional but rather an easier and more effective way of catching trout. Tthe longer the rod the more line control. I get that. I have never used a rod longer than nine feet in fresh water and I am okay with that. I enjoy what I'm doing. To each his own. However for me the enjoymentof fly fishing rises above spinning gear as it is more challenging. Challenging. I still shoot a bow instinctively as well. I enjoy the challenge, that is why I shoot bow. Todays archers shoot bows with sights, releases, peeps and still call it archery. I do what I do because I enjoy that. I'm not using silk gut or bamboo but I'm sure there are guys who look down their noses. The long rod thing for short line nymphing was called Dapping, wasn't it? Why not design a rod like the Tenkara rods that telescopes or a rod that has many extensions easily added and carried enabling effective dapping out to say 20 or 25 feet. With the high modulus graphite available it could be achieved without overly weighting the rod. I'm thinking like a 25 ft for 3 wt. Just for the sake of conversation. Why not?

Posted on: 1/28 13:11

Edited by Stenonema on 2014/1/28 13:38:13
I am of the opinion that there is NOT one single population of wild trout that exists in our great state worth intentionally degrading for the benefit of any fisherman or any amount of money no matter how small the population.

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com