Danvise

mrwisker

mrwisker

Cabelas has the Danvise.
Any opinions on these?
They seem to be nice and lightweight.

I bought one as my travel vise based on recommendations from many. But... I have not tied fly number one on it. But it has some great features, and the price is right.

I have had my Danvise about 10 years and am very happy with it.

I have one and I love it. Got it for a steal on Ebay. If you get one make sure you watch the video on how to make adjustments. The cam is a 10:1 ratio and I bent my jaws because I cranked too hard. Still need to get those replaced.

For the price, it can't be beat.

When I had an issue with one of the screws, I just e-mailed the company and they shipped the part free of charge. Great Service! Highly Recommend!

The Danvise is the vise I started on and its a great vise.I now have a Renzetti that just feels way nicer but the Danvise does exactly the same job.

I have one as a travel vise and love it for all the reason posted above. I'll second the need to carefully adjust for each hook size to avoid damaging the jaws. It olny takes a few seconds to do this. Otherwise it is rock solid and holds hooks down to #28 with no problem.
The Cabelas in Hamburg has one set up for tying and I tried it before I bought. I reccomend doing this as the geometry of the vise is a bit different and you may find that to be a problem.
Mike.

Back