Crown Bamboo fly rod

T

Toofish

I know nothing about bamboo fly rods. A coworker has found a Crown bamboo fly rod and I am looking for information on this rod. Yes, its cool!! Thank You for your help!!
Sean

I'm no bamboo expert, but you probably need more on the description to be able to ID it.

Is Crown the brand? Model? Are there any other markings on it? If not on the blank, try the butt cap, or under the reel seat for any markings.

Length/weight if possible? 2 pieces? 2 tips?

The bamboo guys can often use info like the type of guides, thread coloring, how the ferrule was attached, etc. Some makers added decorative wraps that added no function, which can be maker specific. Anything that points to the uniqueness could be used to help identify.

Pictures help.

All I found in a few minutes of googling was that in post war, occupied Japan, the Japanese sold many rods under the name "Crown" to American GI's and tourists. They are not particularly high quality, but that's a pretty cool history that could make them heirlooms or collectables.

And several American made makers, both mass producers and hand makers, have used Crown or Crown _____ as model names.

If no replies here go the the classic fly rod forum where cane is their forte. In fact do a google search using their url as the default site and see what comes up.

Im thinking its what pcray said. Pearl did that as well it was a spin/fly combo.

Great ideas thank you!!
Sean

Back