Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cork Reamer

From Lewistown
Depending on what kind of pen/ink you use, it can be quite tricky to finish the rod. I use gell pen and the ink will smear when touched.
If you ink runs and doesn't dry completely, you will have to cover the lettering without actually touching the letters. The finish can touch it but not the bristles.

Posted on: 2007/12/14 8:25

From Greensburg, PA
Yeah, that was the one area I wasn't completely satisfied with my rods. I mean, my handwriting is bad enough without having to do it 6 times over because I screwed it up when trying to finish over it. I let the signature dry for over 2 days on the last try and it still smeared. The good news is it will have no affect on the casting..

Posted on: 2007/12/14 8:34

From Carlisle
Thanks for the replies guys! I read on one of the websites that they use model car paint for the lettering. I'm not too sure how that stuff dries, but I like MKerns suggestion if it doesn't.

Thanks again guys, I'll post some pictures of it once I finish it. Which I doubt will be this weekend. Too much other stuff to do...

Posted on: 2007/12/14 8:41

From Berryville Virginia
Signature wraps are special or should be special. Some are fancy and some not. I frame my signature on flat 1 and rod information on flat 2. If the rod is for someone than their name goes on flat 1 on the other side of mine also framed. I use a black 0.5 mm permanent marker.

Posted on: 2007/12/14 11:03

From Lewistown
This is what I do with trim wraps:
The first one is exactly 14" from the but of the rod. Then the infor I write goes in that spot.
If I build a rod for someone else or to sell, another (elaborate)wrap goes at 20".
If I build for myself, I put small wraps matching the colors I use in concentric order at 16", 18", and 20". This acts as a ruler on the rod and verifies the large fish I catch; which is not very many.

Of course you could go all the way to the stripper guide in any incriment of measure you like.

Posted on: 2007/12/14 11:54

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com