Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Carbon Fiber Wading Staffs

Simms has a new wading staff that features a carbon fiber shaft and a new locking mechanism. I have Folstafs and a Simms aluminum staff and really don’t need another but my nephew is in the market and I admit I am always interested in a better mousetrap.

To say that my aluminum staffs get beat to $hit on the bottom sections would be an understatement but “carbon fiber”? Does anybody have any experience with a carbon fiber wading staff and if so, how did it hold up against constant scraping against rocks? I know how my graphite rods would fare…

Thanks in advance for insight you can provide!

Posted on: 7/24 13:18

Re: Carbon Fiber Wading Staffs

From Jefferson Hills, Pa
I'd just stick with a tried & true Folstaf. I've had mine for over a decade of use on the Yough. Never hit that river without it. The only experience with carbon fiber is race car parts (mostly sprint cars), yeah it's strong as can be but when it breaks it can be very dangerous. Many sprint car parts made of CF have been banned or outlaw by sanctioning bodies across the country. No body panels, driveline parts, torsion arms, wheels etc.. I think the only legal CF part is a cover piece for the leading edge of the top wing.

Posted on: 7/24 18:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com