Calling on all Winston fans

F

Flydog

I like to hear some reviews on the Winston BIIMx 9' - 5wt. Also, any thoughts on the BIIMx conpaired to the Sage XP?

I own a 9.5 ft' 6wt BIIx Winston with a fighting butt.

Can't answer your question directly but I have completly satified with the purchase. Purchased from Front Range Anglers- it was on sale,with no tax or shipping costs. That said, it was expensive but at least $100 cheaper than every other place I looked.

Works great for bigger rivers. I also have dry fly fished with it on medium sized streams. If it works for you and you have confidence with it and the money- go for it.

I just picked up the BIIx 5 Wt 8.5 Ft. I really like the feel. I have cast the BIIMx in 8 and 10 Wts. Cant say I've cast the lighter rods. The guys I have talked to have all said to go with the x for the trout weights and the Mx for the bigger rods.

I think it's hard to compare these rods to Sage. It's really a totally different feel. The x is the lightest rod I've ever cast. I have cast the XP and Z Axis in 5 and I own the Fli in 5 and the VT2 in 6.

If you go Winston, check out this shop in Colorado.

Crystal Fly Shop

The owner Dave is super cool and will combo up any Winston you want. I got the BIIx from him and he basically gave me an Elkhorn reel which is super nice lined up etc.

Back