Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cabelas combos
Guest_
Well, Raven, the only way I can answer that, is to say what I'd said before, I suppose................
"I've fished an awful lot of fly lines in my years chasing fish with a flimsy stick and when I first was given a Ridgeline to try out, I was sold and awed on my fist cast.
If you've read about them, then your sure to know the reason and design as to why these lines are so different and cast so much farther, with less effort.
One problem that has always plagued me, especially in lake fishing, was the "crud built up factor" on my fly lines, has also been eliminated by this new design in lines...........
With the "slits" in the line running the length of the line, I would THINK, they would catch 3 times, the amount of algae and water born debris, but actually I found that "when the line flexes, on load", these same "slits" are really at their "maximum opening" and thus dump 90% or more of whatever they've collected.
Again, it's ONLY my OWN opinion as any post, in here, is. But, I DO really like these lines, for the way they perform!
I have a WF4/F in yellow and one in the original green. They came pre-looped, (good, or bad, depending on how you feel about "loop to loop connections"!?), on each end.
Like, I'd also mentioned, I dearly like the 555 Rocket Taper lines, by Cortland, as well. But, given a choice, only for me? I'd choose the Ridgeline.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 18:33

I went to the orvis store and cabelas and then the orvis store today. I bought the orvis battenkill barstock reel. I got the 8'6" 4wt. from cabelas, but the ridgeline was out of stock. I then returned to orvis on the way home and bought wonderline generation 3. Now all I need is to try it out.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 20:50

Guest_
Good!
Too bad, on not getting to try the Ridgeline, but maybe next time!??
The 8-6 4wt, should make a great, little, trouting rod and those barstocks are very nice reels. I have a couple and really am impressed for the money!
Now, as you mentioned........Get out and FISH!

Posted on: 2007/10/19 15:34

Took the new gear for a test run. It was nice, the 4 weight felt a little more appropriate compared to valley creek.

Posted on: 2007/10/21 20:37

From North Catty
You got the bug...Good luck with keeping a savings account!!!

FlyBinder can tell you, I was hifalutin and all lawyered up before I got into fly fishing, now I'm poor, smell like head cement and stream water and I am covered in clippings of fur, tippet and feathers.

On a serious note, I think you picked a good set-up and Valley is a beautiful little stream, Enjoy and maybe I'll see you on the water some day.

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/21 21:27

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy
I want to catch every fish in the stream
50 dinks is a dream day
Only want to catch big fish
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens
Who cares? It beats work.
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com