Cabelas CSR Fly Reels

rscheckler

rscheckler

I was at Cabelas in Hamburg last week and found out that they are discontinuing their CSR line of fly reels. Right now they are only $49.88 so if you were looking for an extra reel, these reels are pretty descent and for the price it makes them look even better. The link is below.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?cmView=full&type=pod&id=0029684&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=N/A&cm_pla=N/A&cm_ite=netcon

I got one for my salmon rod, and it was junk.

DO NOT use these reels for something drag-intensive.

Looks like I'm screwed on returning the thing for full price... Oh well.

I wouldn't give up on trying to return it if you haven't tried yet...they have a very liberal return policy.

Its funny I saw those too and have really like the prestige plus I got in a combo deal for the beach and steelhead...so I thought about getting one since they were supposed to be better. I guess the cheaper one survived that battle this time...

Mine could've been defective, but the first fish I caught fried the drag bearing.

It was giving line in short bursts for the rest of the week.

I guess the disclaimer is that its first action was on a 20+ lb king salmon a few hundred yards from the mouth of the river. She was fresh, and very angry.

https://www.cs.drexel.edu/~jal63/salmonriver/2.jpg

Even so, a reel rated for 9/10 should handle most anything I throw at it.

Even so, you're right. I have to get up there to try to return it for full price if possible. I think I paid $85 or so.

Just cal them...they sent me a new reel without even sending my old one back when it showed up with a ding on it...of course I had just bought it so it was in the computer and easy to look up but if it saves gas..hey!

Sorry to hear about your trouble with it. So far the one that I have is working great. From the sounds of it, it seems like yours was defective so I hope you will be able to get full price for it.

Back