Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cabela's brand Rod/Reel combos

Please post a link to the "policy" page that you are reading, and highlight the sections that fit your three situations. Because the ones that I read are not even close to what you are saying is acceptable.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custs ... sp?pageName=ReturnsPolicy

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custs ... ee&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcms778

Not bitter, just unimpressed.

Tony

Posted on: 2013/3/28 23:38

From NEPA
Quote:

Tony300wby wrote:
Please post a link to the "policy" page that you are reading, and highlight the sections that fit your three situations. Because the ones that I read are not even close to what you are saying is acceptable.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custs ... sp?pageName=ReturnsPolicy

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custs ... ee&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcms778

Not bitter, just unimpressed.

Tony

Same link Tony.

The rod and reels fall under this (copied and pasted right from Cabelas webstite):

Without Receipt: Items returned within the guidelines without a receipt will be processed at the lowest sale price plus applicable sales tax. Such items may be exchanged for the same product or returned for merchandise credit in the form of a Cabela's gift card.

The boots fall under this:

GUIDELINES:
Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship.

All other Cabela's brand merchandise and National brand boots and shoes are guaranteed for one full year under normal use and against defects in materials or workmanship.

And since my boots were Danners I feel that Cabelas went above and beyond in addressing my leaky boot issue.

SO again Tony I do NOT see how I am taking advantage of anything. How bout you highlight in their policy where my situation falls? I see your argument I really do but working within a return/exchange policy is every consumer's right. And shame on you and everyone else that doesn't use it. I have never lied or been dishonest when returning/exchanging an item. There's no need to, Cabelas just wants to make the consumer happy. It's simple business 101, a happy consumer buys more, a pissed off consumer buys less. So please provide specific facts on how I'm taking advantage. Thank you for time. And happy fishing

#damntheman

Posted on: 2013/3/29 7:42

From Chester County
Hey Tony,

You just don't get it! FFers are looking for quality stuff...cheap!, made in the U.S., with lifetime warranties (even if it broke by backing a truck over it 20 years after buying it) AND want the same warranty even it was bought it used (did I mention cheap?)

Of the thousands of things we buy and own, how many other things do you expect such prices, warranties and service from?

Posted on: 2013/3/29 8:18

Edited by afishinado on 2013/3/30 6:22:00
Edited by afishinado on 2013/3/30 6:22:39

bstone97,

Try to copy and paste the whole thing!

If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will provide a refund or exchange the item within 90 days* of purchase.

You forgot to include this sentence, it was right above the part that you copied and pasted. Gfen made this clear very early.

Obviously Cabelas is very lenient when it comes to their return policy. If my 3 year old rod was broken while casting, maybe I would take it back to see if they could do anything. After breaking it in a car door, I wouldnt think about returning it. Returning reels every year "Just To Get A New One"??? Keep telling yourself that is being honest. You take used boots back after 2 years when the policy says 1 year. Just attempting to return after that amount of time shows me that you are taking advantage of the system. There is a big difference between a company trying to keep their customers happy, and a customer taking advantage.

Tony

Posted on: 2013/3/29 15:10

afishinado,

I hear you.

I am going to tell my wife to stop giving our kids clothing to Good Will when they out grow them, Ill have her just return it all for new stuff that fits. Maybe she can return the bread to the store when it gets hard and moldy too. I have been so stupid all these years, instead of buying new work boots every year I should have just returned them.

Can you imagine if everyone thought like this? Every product that we buy would cost 1000x more.

Good luck, Tony

Posted on: 2013/3/29 15:21

From Indiana Co., PA
Back to the actual topic... My 8' 4wt three forks should be here in the next hour or so FINALLY can't wait to cast it, it will be the first 4wt I've owned. My friend got the same rod in a 9' 6wt and it can shoot a line. Looks pretty good too, can't beat it for the money I guess, we'll see how this rod works for smallish streams

Posted on: 2013/4/3 16:16

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com