Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cabela's Three Forks/Prestige Plus/CSR.

From Pen Argyl, PA.
Does anyone know anything about the Cabela's Three Forks rod and the Prestige Plus and CSR reels? I'm going to pick up a cheaper 3wt or 4wt outfit and am considering the 7'6 3wt Cabela's Three Forks rod with the Prestige Plus or CSR reel. Any insight?

Posted on: 2007/6/8 6:53

Re: Cabela's Three Forks/Prestige Plus/CSR.

From West Chester PA
7'6 3wt Cabela's Three Forks rod is great. I fish a lot of very small streams and love small rods. A buddy of mine brought one over one day for me to cast without telling me where it was from or how much it cost. I drove up to Cabela's the next chance I got to buy one. Turned another friend on to it also. Great inexpensive rod for bushwhacking. Don't know anything about the reels. I use an old Ross for my 3-wts. Strong endorsement from me.

Posted on: 2007/6/8 7:48

From Carlisle
Check out the post labeled "cabelas reels", it seemed like the general consensus was the prestige plus. I just ordered one and hope to try it out in the next week or two.

Posted on: 2007/6/8 9:09

From Ohio
I have a three forks as a back up. Nice and smooth, loads well close in. Have had to use it for the last two months while I'm repairing my main rod that broke on a big brown. Moderate action, doesn't have much in the tank for longer casts but is a lot of rod for the money.

Many say the 7'6" 3wt is the gem of the series.

Only knock on the prestige plus is that its a little heavy in the lighter weights but should balance that rod OK. Otherwise, a dynamite reel....my favorite design. Holds tons of line....consider 30lb backing.

The CSR is junk IMO, have had two friends have 3 CSRs between them, all broken now after less than a years use between the three of them. Drag binds up. The reel/spool is also very susceptable to denting/bending.

Posted on: 2007/6/8 17:55

From Lehigh Valley, PA
For about the same money you could also buy a Ross Flycast at sierratradingpost.com, instead of the cabelas reels. I think your total would be a little higher than for the Prestige package, but less than the CSR.

I just bought the Flycast 1, and it seems like a much more solid reel than my CSR. I've had the CSR since november, and its spool is already wobbling on the arbor.

Posted on: 2007/6/9 22:11

- Homer J. Simpson

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com