Cabela's CGR fly rods

D

DEPete53

For anyone interested, Cabela's has their CGR fly rods on sale for $49.99 for today at least as part of their Pre-Black Friday deals. I don't think they have ever been lower than this!

Sage VXP's are on sale also for more than half off of retail price, in all weights.

I picked up a 9' 4WT because I wanted to upgrade my dry fly rod and it was only $240...

Nice.

I have a 7' CGR and enjoy fishing it.

I know this thread is about the CGR, but I was currious what experiences any of you have had with the VXPs. Thanks

I'm expecting a 6 wt. Theorem to be waiting for me when I get home from work. Wanted to add a four piece six weight with a small fighting butt to my collection but not spend big $ for one. No idea how it will fish but it was on sale in the bargain cave.

I know the fighting butt in that weight rod isn't at all necessary but I just like the way it looks.

Thinking about getting a VXP 9' 8 weight for bass/steelhead... any thoughts on the rod?

The old models are great rods made by echo i am told, the new ones are slower do not know who makes them. For 50 dinero buy it.

I picked up a 7/8 weight a couple of months back and love it. Slow and fun... May take it out in the am...

I picked up a 7/8 weight a couple of months back and love it. Slow and fun... May take it out in the am...

Also got one during the last sale. I took it out on the Susky a lot this summer and it was a blast landing bass on. Love that rod.

Back