Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Brown Glass

From SE Pa
Quote:
It was a FF765 that looked brand new, it still had the plastic wrap on the cork. Tube also looked new. The bidding was stuck on $63.00 for days and I was determinded to swoop in and scoop it up in the last minute for any price. Wouldn't you know it, my computer froze up and I could not bid and time expired. It sold for $65.00.

Wow, a 7 1/2' 5wt vintage Fenwick - like new - even with the original tube for $65 - that's a steal !!

Wasn't me, but I do have a nice collection of shorter Wonderods.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 23:55

From Hanover
I didn't realize Fenwick makes new fiberglass rods (s2 glass) go for about $200.00

Posted on: 2017/11/1 21:57

From York County
Yeah I've thought about getting one of those new fenglass Fenwicks. I think I read they are a tad faster and lighter than the older glass. Had my eye on the Redington Buttersticks too.

Echo, Hardy, TfO, and a few other companies have been making glass in the past few years too, but if I can buy vintage for less then half that, and in good condition, then why not, if it performs well.

I broke a 5 weight last year so I'm in the market this year for another 5 or 6 weight between 7' - 8'.in length.

Posted on: 1/14 0:40

From Clinton County, Pa.
I own one Fenwick. It is a vintage late 1960's 7' FF70. Great dry fly rod. I have never cast one of the heavier weights but would sure like to try one some time. I own an old Heddon Pal 8 1/2' 8 weight and it's really heavy.

Posted on: 1/14 18:44

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com