Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Broke My 3wt Lefty Kreh Because of Sheer Stupidity

From Media Pa
Learned there really is a difference between a 3wt and 5wt rod and not by casting. Went to move the rod off the roof of my Jeep by lifting the upper section of the rod....snap!!! Weight of the reel was too much. I have done this stupid move many times with the 5wt with no problem. Won't do this again for either rod as I just learned from Senator Mitch McConnell..."There isn't much education to be gained in the second mule kick". That goodness for Temple Fork's guarantee. $25 and they will fix my stupidity.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 10:16

Re: Broke My 3wt Lefty Kreh Because of Sheer Stupidity

From NE OH
Welcome to the club of humanity sir It happens. One thing I LOVE about TFO...you'll have the new rod back very quickly. None of that 4-6 weeks crap.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 10:26

From florida
"high sticking" or to much pressure on the tip is the downfall of most rods. Just loaned a rod to one of my friends after he high sticked his 4oo$ jigging rod and ended up with a 2 piece stick. I thought I'd taught him better than that. GG

Posted on: 2013/10/19 11:28

From Nazareth PA
Welcome to the club. :)
I broke my tip by trying to pull the line through the guide.
I slid my hand up the tip to grab the leader and snapped it off.
Now I carry a spare rod in case the stupids get me again.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 16:42

" It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming"...John Steinbeck

From Da 'Berg, PA
i tried to separate the rod joints with a leatherman's pliars. doh.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 18:29

From Lancaster Co.
See my stream report. Fell forward on into a thigh deep riffle on Penns Creek yesterday and broke my Sage Z-Axis right in the middle of the handle. Already back at the shop for return to Sage and repair/replacement.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 21:04

From Central PA
S@it happens... didn't forest come up with that saying?

the penns must not like sage this year. it claimed mine too. now I have a two toned rod, need to put sunscreen on the bottom section until the top fades to the same shade of the bottom.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 22:07

From Fairborn, OH
I fell backward into my float tube this past Wednesday just I was trying to disembark it. At the very end of a successful day Stillwater fishing, my feet got stuck in the thick mud as I tried to clear my flipper over the tube. I went back into the tube right back from where I came. Unfortunately, my Ross RX was lying across the mouth of the tube at this point. Second section turned into three separate sections putting a sour end to an otherwise great day of fishing. It's heading back to Ross with a $30 check for replacement.

Posted on: 2013/10/20 12:35

From State College
I broke my orvis on penns this year, hooked into a fish, it broke where the 3rd and 4rd sections meet.

Posted on: 2013/10/20 12:50

From Dauphin PA
Shame on you fade. You know better and I'll bet you don't do it again.

I installed a 6 rod carrier in my car a few years back. Loaded the car and slid the rods into the carrier.....breaking the tips on bothof them Duh. Still went to Penns and fished the march brown with a 3 weight. That sucked and it took several weeks to get the rods back from sage. That's why I don't use a rack any longer.

Posted on: 2013/10/20 20:02

"There isn't much education to be gained in the second mule kick". Hahahahaa, I like this one! I feel for ya having experienced the broken rod through an idiot moment, moment.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 9:56

From Philadelphia PA
car windows have claimed 2 tips already. and then 1 trying to remove the fly from the line to close to the tip claimed another.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 10:07
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
car windows have claimed 2 tips already. and then 1 trying to remove the fly from the line to close to the tip claimed another.

This post certainly does'nt match your signature line! LOL Be careful with those fly rods my friend..

Posted on: 2013/10/21 10:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com