Boat storage options

CLSports

CLSports

I am picking up a drift boat in June, but I have no place to store it where I live. I have looked into self storage facilites in my area but at $100 a month for an outdoor parking space I am not really interested in paying that much.

Does anyone have any idea where I could store a boat and trailer and not have to pay too much per month?

Where are you going to be using it? I know some of the places on the Delaware will store drift boats. How about paying a friend to store it at their house.

If you are leaving it in NY, there are options

Barter with someone (and, more importantly, his wife) for trips each year. I'd let you keep it at my house, but there is already a boat in the driveway that my wife would like to see gone!

I plan to use it on all local rivers, Delaware, Susky, Skuke, and local lakes as well. I would rather find something close by so that I could access it on a regular basis.

I have considered the friend and family route, but did not want to burden anyone with storing it for me. I still may go that route if necessary.

I was considering the reciprocity aspect too. You store my boat and I will take you on a few floats . . .

I know some of my local lakes store kayaks and canoes, but not sure if any have boat w/ trailer storage. Usually that is only seasonal though. I will give that a look.

$100 a month storage is pretty steep. I balked at the local storage place wanting to charge me $45 a month.

Have you checked in some of the more rural spots for storage units? Should be considerably less per month.

Your best bet is to cultivate a new fishing partner in your neighborhood. Take him fishing in the boat a couple times per year, and you'll be golden until his wife threatens to leave him.

Flourtown is close. Do you have room and an agreeable wife?

CLsports,

There is a storage facility on Route 191 in PA near Hancock, NY that only charges $25 per month for drift boat storage. Of course that is for out in the elements. The owner lives on the property so I would assume you could leave your oars, anchor, and PFD's in the boat. PM me if you want the number.

CLS-I don't, TBH. My Clacka takes up most of the available room in my back yard. Shoot me a PM. I know someone nearby who might be able to help out. I don't think his S.O. will be too put off by the idea.

I posted a boat storage option in the classifieds eome time ago. Anyhow, I live in Hunterdon County, NJ, 12 miles on I78 in to NJ (Jutland). I have four garage wells that are available for storage. I've been renting space in my barn for five years now. May not be perfect for you, but an option.

Thanks Drag, that would be perfect, but unfortunately too far for me to use it on a regular basis most of the year. Maybe I can take you up for winter storage options.

Send me a PM with your contact email. I actually have a friend that lives in that area too (Clinton). I can pay him to shuttle it for me. Now if I can just find a person to row it for me while I fish . . .

Thanks, Rob

What would be your preferred area?

Well, I live in North Wales (Lansdale) area, so within 10-15 miles of there would be preferred, but obviously I am flexible if my choices are limited.

Check the industrial area near you, outdoor storage is normally permitted in those areas. See if you can find a building owner/occupant that will let you stash the boat behind the building. Start with businesses where you have a personal connection. I know a guy who stores his duck hunting boat this way.

I am still struggling to find any reasonably priced storage options.

If any one in my area (Lansdale, Hatfiield, North Wales, Harleysville, Kulpsville) is interested in storing my boat, I would be willing to offer $200 for the season for an uncovered and somewhat protected spot on private property or $300 for a garage or barn space.

Any takers?? PM me.

Back